Company: Stewart Title of Minnesota
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: June 9, 2021
When you work at Stewart, you're part of a global real-estate
services company that helps make the dream of property ownership a
reality around the world. Whether we're providing residential and
commercial title insurance, closing and settlement services or
specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we deliver
comprehensive service, deep expertise and innovative customer
solutions by way of our direct operations, network of Stewart
Trusted Providers and family of companies. Join our team and
discover how Stewart Information Services Company (NYSE-STC)
impacts lives for the better. We do more than offer broad-scale
real-estate services and solutions; we provide the security for
building communities and dreams.
More information can be found at http://www.stewart.com, subscribe to
the Stewart blog at http://blog.stewart.com or follow
Stewart on Twitter @stewarttitleco.
The Escrow Officer is responsible to effectively manage the real
estate closing transaction for insuring title insurance. This
position requires the Escrow Officer to exercise extreme
independent judgment and to possess the knowledge and experience
necessary to efficiently handle any situation which may arise
during the escrow process.
- Manage the entire real estate closing process, including
compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title
requirements, company requirements and other written
- Understand the escrow process to determine what steps need to
be taken to transfer the title of property pursuant to the
conditions called for in the real estate contract and lender
- Collaborate with title department to resolve title issues such
as legal descriptions, easements, lot splits, vesting, all tax
liens, abstracts of judgments, bankruptcies, boundary disputes,
encroachments, list pendants, etc.
- Prepare all closing documents necessary to ensure title
insurance is issued at closing
- Oversee the issuance of checks, bills and statements, receipts,
and any other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Secure all documents (corrective and others) that may be
required for the issuance of title insurance
- Conduct closing with customer, realtor, lenders, and
- Assist customers and clients with closing related
- Prior to disbursement, confirm all funds are collected, all
appropriate documents are checked for accuracy, signatures are
collected, and acknowledgements and legal descriptions are
- Correct all taxes due, HOA dues, and any delinquencies and/or
principal and interest
- Ensure all payoffs have been collected, mailed, delivered or
wired according to instructions
- Verify against the HUD statement that all disbursements have
been paid correctly
- Prior to recording, verify all legal documents for correct
acknowledgements, legal, and lien information
- When needed, delegate work to and manage work of escrow
assistants in the real estate transaction process
- Manage and develop client relationships to ensure future real
estate closing transactions
- Market new business and make calls on current and prospective
- Correspond with lenders, builders, real estate agents and
attorneys as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
Role Specific Knowledge:
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
within the escrow/title industry field.
- Formerly in an Escrow Processor role.
- Good client relations and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential
- Strong communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real
estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers.
- Notary public or be bondable.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Completion of a High School diploma or GED required.
- Licensed in title insurance pre-state requirements or currently
applying to be licensed, if applicable for your state.
Returning Job Seekers
Already have a candidate profile? Log in to access and update
your current profile to access and update your current profile.
Stewart employees should access Careers through the Stewart
Point internal jobs database.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Stewart is committed to ensuring that its online application
process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job
seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe
you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job
opening or to submit an application, please contact us via email at
Keywords: Stewart Title of Minnesota, Sioux Falls , Escrow Officer, Other , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!