Business Development Manager - Analytical Services
Company: SGS Group
Posted on: June 9, 2021
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing,
and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global
benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000
employees SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world.
- The primary responsibility of this role is to present and
promote SGS Agricultural Testing Services to all potential clients
and new accounts, while leveraging new business opportunities of
existing accounts and new marketing opportunities, with the
objective of establishing long-term, mutually beneficial business
o This position will focus on Analytical Services (chemistry and
biologics testing) for the Crop Science division, while maintaining
an awareness of other services within the SGS scope.
- Director of Business Management and Development
- Responsible for profitable revenue growth within the Analytical
Services businesses, while establishing strategic long term,
mutually beneficial business partnerships with new clients within
- Place a large focus on Agri-commodities and raw ingredient
market segments, while coordinating with other SGS divisions (e.g.,
Trade Services) to realize testing opportunities.
- Educate customers on SGS Brookings' service offerings,
including chemistry analysis of Agri-commodities, raw ingredients,
feed, and crops, as well as DNA and protein analysis, training
opportunities and any additional service offerings.
- Act as the commercial face and voice of SGS with clients.
Includes developing relationships, fielding inquiries, assisting in
proposal development and issuance, assisting in on-boarding new
clients, and completing regular visits.
- Work with business managers and marketing to identify key
industry events, and lead SGS presence at relative trade shows,
conferences, and client meetings.
- Aggressively seek new service portfolio offerings from a clear
and thorough understanding of client needs, anticipating what is
needed to improve service quality, to improve market share, and
increase revenues. Develop new and emergent business and drive new
service offerings within the Crop Science businesses.
- Source new business leads and identify business opportunities,
including new services.
- Liaison with SGS Marketing team to take an active role in
marketing projects for SGS Brookings. Includes marketing programs,
time bound campaigns, advertising and promotional activities,
website and social media efforts, trade show and key customer
events, and market research activities.
- Maintain information on competitors' strengths, weaknesses,
policies, pricing, services, etc. to increase likelihood of winning
- Maintain communication through all levels of the business.
- Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company
information and take an active role in updating Quality
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work
environment and improve customer service.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and
- B.S. in Agriculture, Business, Biology, or Chemistry.
- 5+ years in the Analytical Services industry. A clear and
defined knowledge of this industry and client commercial
interaction is essential.
- 5+ years of experience across multiple areas of business
management: Sales/Marketing, Business Development, Key Account
Management, Product Development, Client Services, Strategy,
Operations, is desired.
- Prefer majority of industry experience to be centered around
chemistry and biological testing services.
- The role requires strong collaboration and professional
relationships with current operation and business managers, key
account managers, and client service representatives.
- This role will drive business for the Brookings, South Dakota
- Applicant should be in the Midwest region; however, remote
applicants will be considered.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Travel: based on business and client needs, key trade shows and
- Encourages customer focus: Identify and anticipate customer
requirements, expectations and needs.
- Competitive, profit driven, aggressively pursues organizational
success and achieves outstanding business results.
- Energy and enthusiasm: sets high standards for own performance
and maintains a consistent, high level of productivity.
- Deliver a way of life: demonstrate and foster a strong
commitment to achieving goals.
- Encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Collaborates across boundaries and contributes to SGS Group
success by actively cooperating with other departments, countries
- Provides clarity and focuses on important information and
recognizes key interrelationships and patterns, breaks down
problems into manageable components.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Fully computer proficient, (Microsoft Office, Excel and
PowerPoint) able to learn and quickly adapt to new systems and
technologies (corporate software)
- Proven success in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and
Key Account Management
- Experience creating presentations, training materials, business
plans and presenting and delivering to multiple stakeholders
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures,
and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings,
completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations,
refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws
and regulations related to HSE.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assists other
staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies
within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements,
dispose of, or direct the disposal of waste generated as part of
daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all
waste transportation and disposal regulations and
- Report all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in
accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Use all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner
intended and report any damaged/lost equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintain awareness of hazards and propose controls to
supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client/site
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk
assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit,
hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and
you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: SGS Group, Sioux Falls , Business Development Manager - Analytical Services, Other , Brookings, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!