EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is
a leading North American independent power producer boasting over
30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our
mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to
a sustainable energy future.
Scope of Position:
This level is intended to perform as an assistant to an
experienced technician. This position, under specific direction
from the site supervisor, maintains turbines, including but not
limited to preventive maintenance and repairs as needed.
Wind Technicians spend 100% of their time in the field,
excluding safety; supervisor and scheduled training exercises. Wind
Technicians work in teams and are provided a company vehicle
(service truck) in which they carry the required tools and parts
necessary to perform repairs and/or maintenance on turbines in
multiple wind fields on any given day. Generally, Service
Technicians work in extreme weather conditions.
- Work safely under all circumstances and seek guidance for any
work for which they are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to
- Operate and care for company property and equipment in an
efficient and safe manner.
- Change gearbox oil in a designated area or wind field.
- Grease/torque wind turbines.
- May also service turbines based on the type of turbine
(manufacturer) in multiple wind fields.
- Perform "status" checks including clearing "error" codes on
turbines and repairing the problems.
- Replace mechanical components.
- Service blade and hub components as required by turbine
- Complete on a daily basis, work orders, time cards and any
other required paperwork for the specific project/assignment.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor or his/her
High school or equivalent: or up to one year related experience
or training: or equivalent combination of education and
- Successfully complete applicable safety and technical training
program for the entry level wind technician.
- Able to demonstrate some basic computer knowledge.
- Able to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job the employee is
regularly required to:
Stand, climb, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel and reach
with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or
The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 35
pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work at heights, including climbing up and descending
towers, entering nacelles and hubs at extreme heights.
- Able to work in a mechanical environment. This may have been
achieved through formal training, previous work experience as an
auto mechanic or the ability to demonstrate that an individual is
- Able to operate company vehicles (field trucks) both on site as
well as on public roads and highways. Must have a current driver's
license with a good DMV printout.
- Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to
attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work
Special Conditions of Employment:
Physical Weight Limit Restriction
Due to weight restrictions associated with life-saving
fall-arrest equipment employees are required to wear while working
at heights, maximum employee weight must not exceed 285 lbs.
Employee weight subject to review at any time throughout the
duration of employment and required annually at a minimum.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is frequently exposed to
- Extreme weather conditions, including cold, rain, wind,
- Moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Confined spaces
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
- Lake Wilson, MN 56151, USA