Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job
To obtain meter readings from assigned routes and operate
automated meter reading equipment to
ensure superior service in terms of safety, reliability,
customer satisfaction, loyalty, and value. Perform
gas disconnects and other related gas compliance work.
1. Works in a safe manner that complies with corporate safety
policies and procedures and encourages safe work habits in others
to ensure customer and employee safety.
2. Operates automated meter reading equipment and performs
routine maintenance to ensure billing
accuracy and customer satisfaction and loyalty.
3. Manually reads meters, verifies meter numbers and pertinent
billing information to ensure accurate
4. Records and reports damaged metering and regulating
equipment, gas leaks, theft of service,
diversions and other hazardous conditions to ensure customer
safety and compliance with
company policies and procedures.
5. Responds to customer inquiries and directs customers to
appropriate company resources to ensure
customer satisfaction, loyalty and value.
6. Operates electronic office equipment and maintains a working
knowledge of personal computer and online computer systems to
expedite data entry and retrieval.
7. As directed, disconnects gas service at the meter or at the
service entrance; Inserts plug or other sealing device on
residential gas meters as directed.
8. Extends proper courtesy and consideration to customers and
9. Monitors the corrosion protection system on inside and
outside gas meter piping.
Meter Utility Specialist
10. May Perform Inside Gas Meter Inspections, and completes
associated records to ensure a safe and reliable gas distribution
11. Delivers notices to customer's premises.
12. Performs other related tasks as apparent or assigned.
Must meet all ability exam requirements where such exams
Must meet all physical requirements established by the ADA
High school education or equivalent experience is desirable.
Working knowledge of company safety policies and procedures.
Ability to communicate with customers and employees in a
courteous and tactful manner and
demonstrate a caring attitude toward the customer while firmly
administering company policies.
Willing to be available for overtime as workload dictates.
Ability to operate electronic office equipment and personal
computer skills and knowledge.
Demonstrates integrity and discretion when dealing with
This is a safety sensitive position which requires a drug
screening test in compliance with Department of
Must have a valid state drivers license.
Must be able to work without direct supervision.