Back to search
Fulltime Custom Applicator
Colton, SD, US, 57018
Date posted: May 23, 2021
Job ID: 190
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
CHS COLTON SD has an opportunity in our Country Operations
Division. We are looking for a Full-time Custom Applicator. You
will promote the proper use of crop protection products. You must
be detail-oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal
and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers
mobility within CHS.
- Apply crop protection products with a high clearance sprayer or
- Apply fertilizer and crop protection products.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Educate patrons on products being applied to fields, techniques
utilized, and how you can continue to support them with products
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and
patron needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to including driving loader, forklift,
mechanics, and maintenance.
- Lift & load up to 75lbs packages of Crop Protection products,
1-2 hours per day.
- Pick up and deliver products to customers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work additional hours to meet business demands.
- Crop protection product mixing
- Operation of application equipment
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must meet the minimum age requirement
- High school diploma or GED
- CDL or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business demand
- Applicators License
- Chemical application education
- Previous application experience
- Farming background
- Ability to lift/carry up to 75lbs
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits
include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health
and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded
Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition
reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of
Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full
query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol
Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that
requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates
seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor
vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the
FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of
offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify
Nearest Major Market: Sioux Falls