Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Company: Raven Industries
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: June 12, 2021
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced
technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in
engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven
today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance
specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to
Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded
in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align
with our values.
Raven Aerostar is a world leader in lighter-than-air,
stratospheric, and situational awareness technology. Committed to
rapid innovation of highly technical and groundbreaking technology,
we design and manufacture niche products that enhance security and
connect the world. We are working on a number of exciting projects
- and looking for extraordinary talent to join our team.
We are looking for a leader of a small design group responsible
for flight electronics on stratospheric aerospace platforms.
Candidate will lead all product development and product support
functions that are assigned to the team. Candidate will be
responsible for end-to-end design, testing, and fielding of
electronics that perform reliably in a challenging power and
thermal environment. Ideal candidate has demonstrated leadership
capabilities and a broad background in multiple electrical
engineering disciplines including PCB layout and design, power
electronics, system level design, VHDL development, RF
communication, and troubleshooting/testing. The industry is
experiencing rapid growth in both scientific and defense
applications, and we need engineers capable of learning and working
across multiple disciplines to deliver results in a dynamic
- Has critical project technical leadership responsibility; leads
work assignments for lower level engineers and technicians
- Generate or iterate designs based on customer inputs, flight
testing, and system requirements
- Bring up and troubleshoot new designs using standard electrical
- Collaborate with mechanical, systems, and software teams to
integrate designs into final product
- Lead flight testing and verification of new designs
- Participate in design reviews and manufacturing readiness
- Track design changes with configuration management
- Support design transition into Production through test
procedures, cables, and drawings
- Generate accurate and consistent engineering documentation
- Monitor the demand for engineering services, and participate in
planning processes to ensure adequate resources
- Assure staffing requirements are met
- Encourage team member growth and development
- Administer team member performance reviews, goal setting, and
participate in salary planning
- Advanced engineer with 8+ years of career experience, with
Bachelor's degree. 6+ years with Master's degree. 3+ years with
PHD. Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and
- Ability to coach, mentor, and empower team members to
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout EDA tools is
required. Altium experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to test, debug, and document own designs
- Candidate must be willing to learn new skills under minimal
- Proficient in written and oral communication
- Experience with VHDL, Xilinx FPGAs, and version control systems
is preferred but is not required.
- Experience with power electronics design, digital communication
busses, and/or RF systems is preferred but is not required.
- Prototyping skills such as soldering, milling, drilling, and
cutting are preferred.
- Must be able to be flexible and multitask
We are a manufacturer covered by ITAR 22 CFR 120-130 and all
team members must be a United States Person.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: Raven Industries, Sioux Falls , Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Other , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!