Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title: Food Runner FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Hickory House Revision Date: 03/2020
The primary responsibility of a Food Runner is to reset tables
in a speedy professional and effective manner as guests leave the
restaurant. Food Runner are also responsible for the grooming of
the entire restaurant and its perimeters, as well as supporting
service staff with refills and clearing tables. Other duties will
be expected as need arises.
Accountable and Reports to: Director, Department Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly guest service by
exhibiting care, concern and patience in all guest interactions and
treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets guests in a friendly manner when wearing the
- Makes an effort to learn guests' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to guests who call, including taking
- Organize tables efficiently without making noise.
- Deliver food to guests
- Refill beverages as needed.
- Clear and reset tables after guests leave. Takes tableware to
dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in
appropriate areas for washing.
- Communicate with hostess to assure efficient seating, table
utilization and guest service.
- Between settings promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths.
Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Assist with trash removal.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, condiments,
- Assist in cleaning up spills.
- Handle guest inquiries and concerns efficiently.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in other areas of store as needed
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience
No education requirements. 0-2 years of related work
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
This is a fast paced atmosphere which requires significant
contact and communication with others, with great attention to
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Standard tools and equipment used in a serving environment
including cash register, credit card processing machines, paging
equipment, POS printers, POS terminals and POS workstations.
Has constant contact with the general public and guests
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Sioux Falls , Food Runner, Other , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!