Company: Raven Industries
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Raven, we aspire to solve some of the world's greatest
challenges. This purpose drives the work and passion of our team
members, and it unites our businesses. For over 65 years, we've
collaborated together, learned together, grown together, and served
together. Discover a career with Raven and help us solve the
world's next great challenge.
In Raven Applied Technology, our team members help farmers grow
more food and operate sustainably. From field computers, sprayer
controls, and software services, to fully autonomous driverless ag
technology, we develop solutions that solve challenges for ag
professionals around the globe. Join our team to work on
disruptive, life-changing, and autonomous technologies that are
shaping the future of agriculture.
The Buyer II is responsible to quote, negotiate, and purchase
materials for the efficient operation of the division.
* Obtain materials quotes from suppliers and analyze for
* Negotiate pricing, payment terms, and freight terms.
* Purchase materials, supplies, tools, services, etc.
* Schedule delivery of materials to meet production schedule
* Perform repeat orders.
* Keep informed of markets and material pricing trends that effect
* Assist with the supplier selection process. Investigate to
determine reliability and ability as a supplier.
* Maintain document filing system.
* Develop and implement sourcing strategies.
* Develop, investigate, select, and maintain suppliers.
* Monitor supplier performance.
* Lead supplier business reviews.
* Manage supplier agreements and methods.
* Negotiate and assist with major purchasing contracts.
* Maintain specific knowledge on commodities, and complex supplier
* Collaborate with other departments or divisions on purchasing
matters and technical data.
* Conduct negotiations with vendors on rejections, dispositions, or
adjustments of purchased materials.
* Manage standard price list for commodity quotes.
* Work with suppliers on unique requirements such as special
documentation or certification.
* Bachelor's degree in business or technical field.
* Minimum 5 years purchasing experience, or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
* Current C.P.I.M. certification, or obtain within a reasonable
timeframe as defined by department manager.
* Considerable knowledge of purchasing procedures.
* Strong written and verbal communications.
* Ability to maintain accurate records.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Proficiency with a computer.
* Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members and
BENEFITS TO YOU
Not all benefits are created equal, but we've got you covered.
Raven not only offers a wide range of benefits that encourage
wellness and preventative care, but we also provide the right tools
and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes
medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and disability insurance
and 401k. We offer workplace flexibility policies to promote
work/life balance in addition to paid time off (PTO) benefit. Team
Members can also take advantage of additional benefit programs such
as education assistance, our onsite fitness center or fitness
center reimbursement, employee assistance program (EAP) and much
Raven is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all
qualified employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital
status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Raven Industries, Sioux Falls , Buyer II, Other , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!