Company: Clean Harbors
Location: Valley Springs
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Opportunity:Clean Harbors has an opening for an
Environmental Specialist in Brookings, SD. The Environmental
Specialist will work at a local customer site; and is responsible
for assisting with waste management within customer site.
Additional responsibilities include the inventory, profiling,
scheduling, and shipping of materials and waste products. Our
Environmental Specialist position is an entry point into an
exciting and rewarding career at Clean Harbors. Transitioning
Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and
training as you return to civilian life. This position is known
internally as a Insite Chemist.
*THIS POSITION/CUSTOMER LOCATION IS IN BROOKINGS, SD*HIRING
IMMEDIATELY*THIS IS NOT A LAB BASED POSITION*
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of
your careerKey Responsibilities:
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by
complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and
acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Prepares computer-generated profiles for materials as well as
- Responsible for helping build drum loads and ship out to the
- Drum movement to appropriate areas for shipping;
- Collects, segregates, and properly packages waste chemicals for
disposal to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Prepare all necessary tracking paperwork.What does it take to
work for Clean Harbors?
- 1+ years of hazardous waste handling experience;
- 1+ years of previous experience working in an environmental
- Valid Drivers License;
- Forklift training a plus but not necessary;
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds;
- Basic computer skills.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and
drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam
and/or a driving history review. Must meet all work eligibility
requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Sioux Falls , Environmental Specialist, Other , Valley Springs, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!