Company: CHS Inc
Location: Lake Andes
Posted on: May 15, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. - We serve agriculture customers and consumers across
the United States and around the world. - Most of our 10,000
employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in
19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
agriculture.SummaryCHS has an opportunity in our Country Operations
Division. We are looking for an individual to join our team as a
Seasonal Laborer. You will perform general labor duties such as
material handling, machine operation and maintenance, product
loading/unloading/delivery and facility cleaning in a safe and
timely manner. You must be customer focused and be able to follow
instructions, work independently and with others, and promote a
positive image of CHS.Responsibilities
- Carry out general labor responsibilities promptly and
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the commodities handled at
the location and comply with company policy and government
regulations pertaining to commodities.
- Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping,
shoveling, power washing, scraping, and cleaning up spills.
Complete appropriate record keeping.
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, feed and
others to customer sites.
- Prepare to unload trucks and railcars which may require
sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and attaching
and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload products from trucks in a timely manner.
- Verify proper working order of equipment before use and
maintain and repair equipment as needed for safe and efficient
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader,
loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance
needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Provide management with input on improving efficiency of
operation and profitability.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.Minimum
- Knowledge of Production and/or Operations
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors,
tractors and track mobile.Additional Qualifications
- CDL license or ability to attain one with HAZMAT
- Agriculture experiencePhysical Requirements
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Able to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins
- Able to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and
temperaturesCHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance,
Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company
Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability,
Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.CHS is an Equal
Keywords: CHS Inc, Sioux Falls , General Laborer, Other , Lake Andes, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!