Company: Valley Queen
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Description VALLEY QUEEN CHEESE FACTORY, INC. Communications
Coordinator JOB DESCRIPTION Position Summary This position is
responsible for managing Valley Queen's external and internal
communications function by developing effective corporate
communication strategies, managing written communications and
drafting content to increase our company's visibility while
managing the brand image and the design of marketing materials.
This position will provide a range of duties, including: writing
strategically to clearly articulate company strategy, initiatives
and complex issues in an understandable manner; the ability to work
well with and relate to employees in all areas; be seen as trusted
team member and the ability to coach, interact with and challenge
senior executives and managers in a professional, efficient manner
when providing feedback and recommendations.Essential Functions
- Develop and execute internal and external communications
- Create communications strategies and implementation plans tied
to organizational strategic priorities.
- Coordinate with other departments to identify communications
priorities and deliverables; produce new communications products
for internal and external audiences.
- Write, copy and manage editing/approval processes for:
- Internal and external communications
- Corporate website
- Newsletters; video newsletter
- Press releases and media materials
- Social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- PowerPoint presentations
- Video presentations
- Perform editing and quality control functions related to
material produced by other departments to ensure alignment with
- Recommend marketing and communication best practices to ensure
alignment with existing strategies across Valley Queen.
- Participate in defining website architecture and overall site
- Manage project timelines, ensuring optimal development and
distribution of internal and external communications.
- Build awareness and understanding of Valley Queen among the
following audiences: employees, board members, dairies, customers,
food industry stakeholders, trade associations, and government
officials (local, state and federal).
- Ensure quality and consistency in the creation and execution of
communication initiatives across all audiences and mediums.
- Correspond with key industry individuals and internal
departments as required.
- Support industry-related events (Dairy Drive, Congressional
fly-in, South Dakota Hall of Fame, Wisconsin Cheese Makers
Association, Dairy Protein Messaging Initiative).
- Manage outside vendors such as marketing communication firms,
photographers, website developers, graphic designers and
- Serve as the gatekeeper for the company's voice and the point
of contact for all media inquiries.
- Serve on the company's crisis response team.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal meetings such as HERD
Meetings and The VQ Whey for new employees.
- Coordinate a variety of company sponsored events.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality. Competencies
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Behavior
- Detail Oriented
- Organization Skills
- Technical Knowledge
- InitiativeSupervisory Responsibility This position has no
supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment This job operates in
a professional office environment. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment and technology.Physical Demands The
physical demands for this position are mainly able to do sedentary
work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will
need to sit, stand or walk. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to
25 pounds. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time
position. Base hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through
Friday. Travel Occasional travel is required for this
position.Required Education and Experience Bachelor's degree in
Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related
field. High level of proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word,
Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet, Publisher, etc.). Proficiency in
Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and
InDesign.Preferred Education and Experience Mature individual who
has eight to 10 years of experience in communications role, with
experience managing communications processes. Dairy and/or
agriculture industry background, more specifically, communications
experience in dairy and/or agriculture is preferred. (S-11)
Communication certifications such as ABC (accredited business
communicator) or APR (accredited public relations professional).
Bilingual in English/Spanish.Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.Other Duties Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of responsibilities, duties or tasks that are required of
the employee for this job. Responsibilities, duties and tasks may
change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Valley Queen, Sioux Falls , Communications Coordinator, Other , Milbank, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!