Company: Crawford's - Bar & Grill
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionFull Job DescriptionPOSITION DESCRIPTION The
Server takes orders, answers questions about the menu and food,
sells the restaurant's food and drinks, takes payment, communicates
orders with the kitchen staff, seats customers, and helps with
customer service and cleaning.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC
- Take food and drink orders from customers accurately and with a
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or
enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Engage with customers in a friendly manner.
- Knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make
- Ensure tables are enjoying their meals and take action to
correct any problems.
- Collect payments from tables.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales
- Help food preparation staff when necessary.SUPPORTIVE
FUNCTIONS: In addition to performance of the essential functions,
this position may be required to perform a combination of the
following supportive functions:
- To maintain a good and effective industrial relations climate
with Crawford's management and show a willingness to support any
necessary change development of the services' provided.
- To protect restaurant and diners by adhering to sanitation,
safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.SPECIFIC JOB
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The individual must possess the
following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain
and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions
of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some
other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions
accurately and safely.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature
- Ability to walk, stand, and continuously perform essential
functions for an extended period.
- The ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping,
kneeling, and walking.
- Auditory and visual abilities to observe and detect signs of
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced
- Positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with
bussers, cooks, and others.
- Able to perform high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale
- High school diploma.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and deliver
orders in a timely manner.
- Willingness to work at peak hours, which may include evenings,
holidays, and weekends.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate
and controlled by facility environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4
hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other
departments of the restaurant on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other locations of the property on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
equipment.QUALIFICATION STANDARDS: Education: High school
diploma.Experience Required: Prior restaurant experience
preferred.INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS All descriptions
have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and
basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only
incidentally related to each position, have been
excluded.Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been
determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully
perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties,
responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as
all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be
assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Job descriptions are
not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The
organization maintains its status as an at-will employer.Job Types:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurancePhysical Setting:
- Fine dining restaurant
- Upscale casual restaurantSchedule:
- 4–8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availabilitySupplemental Pay:
- Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Keywords: Crawford's - Bar & Grill, Sioux Falls , Servers, Other , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!