Company: Aspire Nursing and Rehab of Lake Park
Location: Lake Park
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
- The primary purpose of the MDS Nurse position (RN) is to
conduct the completion of the Resident Assessment Instrument (MDS),
initiate nursing care plans and the transmission of the MDS within
regulatory timeframes and requirements.SIGN ON BONUS: $5,000 for
Full-Time Registered Nurse!!!All new hires must be COVID-19
vaccinated or have a medical or religious accommodation before you
start.JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative Functions
- Manage RAI process and Care Plans according to standards.
- Complete medical forms, reports, evaluations, and studies as
directed.Participate in facility surveys and the development of a
plan of correction as it relates to deficiencies sited in the
resident assessment/care plan areas.
- Schedule resident assessment/care plan meetings and inform
appropriate department supervisors accordingly.
- Assist in contacting outside members of the care plan team,
including resident's representative/family members regarding
participation in care plan meetings.Assessment and Care Plan
- Conduct or coordinate the interviewing of each resident for the
resident's assessment. Ensure that appropriate health professionals
are involved in the assessment.
- Evaluate each resident's condition and pertinent medical data
to determine any need for special assessment activities or a need
to amend the admission assessment.
- Coordinate with the Director of Nursing to inform all
assessment team members of the assessment date of newly admitted
- Ensure that all members of the assessment team are aware of the
importance of completeness and accuracy in their assessment and
that they are aware of penalties, including civil monetary
penalties for false certification.
- Coordinate the development of a written plan of care (interim
and comprehensive) for each resident that identifies the
problems/needs, indicates the care to be given, goals to be
accomplished, and which professional service is responsible for
each element of care.
- Ensure that the care plan includes measurable objectives and
timetables to meet the resident's medical, nursing, mental and
- Ensure that an initial resident assessment is completed within
fourteen days of the resident's admission.
- Ensure that a comprehensive care plan is completed within
twenty-one days of the resident's admission.
- Encourage the resident and family members to participate in the
development and review of the plan of care.
- Develop the schedule of activities required for the completion
of the Resident's assessment process.
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services and relevant
supervisors in ensuring that all personnel providing direct care to
the resident are aware of the plan of care and that they refer to
the care plan prior to administering daily care.
- Ensure that quarterly and annual MDS and care plan reviews are
completed per the schedule in the RAI Manual.
- Ensure that a complete assessment is conducted within fourteen
days of a significant change in the resident's condition.
- Coordinate the review and revision of the care plan by the
interdisciplinary team (including hospice, if appropriate) after
each quarterly review to ensure that the care plan is revised to
reflect the change in status.
- Assist the DON and other relevant supervisors in maintaining
good rapport and morale between and within departments to ensure a
team effort in providing consistent quality care.Ensure that each
portion of the assessment is signed and dated by the person
completing that portion of the MDS.
- Sign and date the MDS to certify its completion, RN only.
- Transmits MDS per state and federal regulations.Committee
- Serve on committees as required or requested by the
Administrator or DON.
- Provide written or oral reports as requested by various
committees as it relates to resident care planning.
- Evaluate and implement recommendations from established
committees that pertain to assessment and/or care plan
- Maintain an effective, friendly working relationship with
health professionals, physicians, consultants and governmental
agencies that may involve assessment and care plan functions.
- Meet with and solicit advice from department supervisors
concerning the assessment and care plan functions.Staff Development
- Assist in the development, planning, scheduling and conducting
of timely in service training the IDT regarding assessment skills
and techniques for completing the MDS. Such training would include
but not be limited to interviewing residents, rehabilitation
principles, psychotropic drugs, care plan documentation and
- Attend continuing education programs designed to keep abreast
of changes in your profession, as well as to maintain your
license.Resident Rights Responsibilities
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care
- Ensure that all residents are treated fairly, and with dignity,
kindness and respect.
- Ensure that resident interviews are conducted in private.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are knowledgeable of
and honor the residents' rights including the right to refuse
- Ensure that such requests are in accordance with the facility's
policies governing advance directives.
- Ensure that the facility's policies and procedures governing
advance directives are reviewed with the resident and/or
- Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make
a written/oral report to the DON indicating what action(s) were
taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. Follow the facility's
- Obtain a written record of the resident's complaints and/or
grievances that indicates the action taken to resolve the complaint
or the current status of the complaint. Give report to DON or
- Report and investigate all allegations of resident abuse and/or
misappropriation of resident property.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Aspire Nursing and Rehab of Lake Park, Sioux Falls , MDS Coordinator, Other , Lake Park, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!