Slayton PT Preload Supervisor
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Summary UPS is currently seeking highly motivated, energetic
self-starters to work as a Part-Time Operations Supervisor. This
management position involves directly supervising a group of
Package Handlers. Part-Time Supervisors train, develop, and hold
their workgroups responsible for safety, production and attendance.
The Part-Time Operations Supervisor impacts the organization by
contributing to the continued growth and profitability of UPS by
maintaining the highest standards for account productivity,
accuracy, customer service, organization, communication,
cooperation, and safety. The Part-Time Operations Supervisor
provides innovative and effective leadership and cultivates a
functional working relationship with all levels of personnel
throughout the organization. Part-Time Supervisors generally work
Monday through Friday at 5 1/2 hours a day. - Medical, Dental,
Vision are offered to employees and their eligible dependents.
Additional benefits include educational assistance and paid
vacations, among others. Other Duties
- Management of department resources to ensure maximum output,
accuracy, and efficiency at all times.
- Meet or exceed all established standards for accuracy and
- Direct daily transload activities to support account objectives
for level of service, cost management, customer expectations, and
- Ensure that all department and/or corporate policies and
procedures are communicated, understood, and adhered to.
- Establish and promote a positive, team-oriented work
environment emphasizing employee involvement, pro-active
communication, inter-departmental cooperation, and continual
improvement on all levels.
- Implement employee personal development plans as required to
ensure the continuing professional growth of department
- Ensure that all department employees receive specific and
detailed orientation, skills and safety training, appropriate
materials and information, regular evaluations, and pro-active
coaching to support their continued development.
- Establish and maintain an aggressive cross-training program
within the department to promote development, enhance flexibility,
and ensure backup coverage of vital functions and processes.
- Function as an effective liaison and advocate on all levels to
ensure that employee, department, and corporate needs are addressed
in a timely and productive manner.
- Responsible to ensure that all employees adhere to safety
policies and procedures at all times, operating in full compliance
with department, station, corporate, OSHA, and WISHA requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree or International Equivalent - Preferred
- Management experience - Preferred UPS is an equal opportunity
employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of
origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law
Keywords: UPS, Sioux Falls , Slayton PT Preload Supervisor, Other , Slayton, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!