Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Company: SGS North America
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company Description SGS is the global leader and innovator in
inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in
quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries
and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and
laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by
assuring quality and safety of products and services.Trusted all
over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion,
pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas.
We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will
be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job
Description SummaryResponsible for daily accounting activities for
the SGS US Crop Sciences business, with a primary focus on Accounts
- Manage daily Accounts Receivable activities, to meet area
objectives as well as ensure timely and accurate processing of
- In conjunction with Accounts Payable Specialist, train and
develop accounting assistants. Includes on-boarding new hires and
monitoring work for accuracy.
- Monitor processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency within the
Accounts Receivable department, and ensure SOPs are updated
- Ensure that Quality Objectives for Accounts Receivable are
monitored and reported timely. Provide guidance to improve
processes, to meet objectives and suggest changes to objectives
when appropriate, to ensure relevancy.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable duties, including, but not limited
- Manage incoming Accounts Receivable emails from and .
- Process all customer billings.
- Process manual invoice requests & customer refunds.
- Process new customer credit applications and account
- Process customer payments & assist corporate with unapplied
- Answer customer queries and concerns.
- Prepare month-end revenue accrual reports, journal entries and
other department reports as required.
- Prepare and assemble any other financial or statistical
information as required.
- Assist in Accounts Payable, as needed, including ordering,
receiving, paying bills, reconciling p-cards, and vendor
- Assist in Collections, as needed, to minimize outstanding
receivables and DSO (Days Sales Outstanding).
- Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company
information and take an active role in updating Quality System,
especially regarding best accounting practices.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications Education and
- Coursework in accounting (Required)
- 1-2 years of relevant experience (Required)
- Must be proficient in MS Office and database software
- Bachelor's degree (Preferred)
- Excellent communications skills (Required)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong administrative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle a variety of projects effectively,
efficiently and with confidentiality (Preferred)Licenses and
- NA ()Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Language Skills: English (Required)
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate (Required)
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate (Required)Computer
- Proficient in MS Office (Required)Physical Demands of the Job
- Stand: Frequently
- Move or traverse: Frequently
- Sit: Constantly
- Use hands: Constantly
- Reach with hands and arms: Frequently
- Climb or balance: None
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: Occasionally
- Talk/hear: Frequently
- Taste/Smell: None
- Lift/carry/push or pull: Frequently 10 lbs.Additional
Information SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by
law.Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required.This job description should not be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements,
but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein
restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.If you are applying for a
position within the United States and you have difficulty
completing the on-line employment application because of a
disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You
will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for
general employment information, but is only for individuals who are
experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a
disabilityAll your information will be kept confidential according
to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: SGS North America, Sioux Falls , Accounts Receivable Coordinator, Other , Brookings, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!