Cheese Packaging Operator
Company: Valley Queen
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionEarn $45,000+ the first year4-5 day weekends
every other weekNight shift position (train on days)JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Summary This entry-level position is responsible for
learning and training on a variety of tasks to package quality
cheese that meets customer expectations and supports the
achievement of the company's vision, mission and values. Essential
- Assemble, line, fill and seal 640-pound boxes of cheese
according to SOPs.
- Operate packaging room production equipment according to
- Monitor box weight targets according to cheese types.
- Maintain good communications with lead and/or supervisors to
ensure a safe, continuous product flow and proper maintenance of
- Complete and maintain appropriate paperwork and documentation
to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Actively participate in extraneous prevention and solids
- Operate and monitor assigned food safety preventative controls
including verification activities, equipment operation, records
requirements and corrective action database.
- Comply with all company safety rules to achieve no injuries and
no lost-time accidents.
- Understand and adhere to all GMPs and food safety policies and
procedures and perform all work in a manner that ensures the
highest standard of food safety and quality.
- Perform regular CIP and general housekeeping
- Safely handle, prepare and use chemicals while wearing proper
- Assist in training of new or untrained employees.
- Attend and/or complete required safety and quality training
sessions by the assigned deadlines. Competencies
- Teamwork Oriented
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Detail Oriented Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position has no
supervisory responsibilities. Work EnvironmentThis job operates in
a food production environment. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemicals, moving
mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment can be loud. Physical DemandsPlease refer to the
separate functional job description for this position. Position
Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis is a full-time position, and days
of work are on an alternating repeating schedule. Hours of work for
day shift are from 5:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and night shift from 5:00
p.m. – 5:00 a.m. This position will work alternating weekends.
TravelNo travel is expected for this position. Required Education
and ExperienceHigh school diploma or GED is required for this
position. Maintain current forklift certification. Preferred
Education and ExperienceDesire two or more years in a manufacturing
facility. More specifically, experience with food grade products is
preferred. Bilingual in English/Spanish. Additional Eligibility
QualificationsMinimum age requirement is 18. Other DutiesPlease
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of responsibilities, duties or tasks that are
required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities, duties and
tasks may change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Valley Queen, Sioux Falls , Cheese Packaging Operator, Other , Milbank, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!