Client Specialist I
Company: SGS North America
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company Description SGS is the global leader and innovator in
inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in
quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries
and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and
laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by
assuring quality and safety of products and services.Trusted all
over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion,
pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas.
We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will
be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job
Description SummaryThe Client Specialist is the key provider of
customer care acting as liaison between clients and our technical
laboratory staff. In this position, you will provide our clients
with outstanding customer service using excellent communications
skills and automated information systems. Must be able to analyze
the customers' needs, setup accounts, ensure correct analysis is
performed, and transmit the final report of analysis with necessary
- Communicate with clients, answering or routing questions as
appropriate and liaison between client and technical laboratory
- Set up new client accounts in the LIMS and in conjunction with
Accounting Department; periodically updating client account
information as needed.
- Receive and log submitted testing samples, identifying sample
priority, verifying sample information, noting special requests and
instructions. This includes routine, daily samples, special
projects and retrieving samples for retesting or additional tests
- Track tests for timely completion and assure clients receive
results on timely basis.
- Issue reports, certificates, certificate revisions and document
accordingly to meet client needs and within SGS guidelines.
- Transfer laboratory test information from LIMS to Accounting
for invoicing after verifying for accuracy.
- Proactively initiate sales with current or prospective clients
that contact the laboratory for expanding current testing
activities or developing testing solutions for the client s
- Train and convert clients to usage of website for results and
- Inform management staff of all customer concerns.
- Maintain records, files and related to duties.
- Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company
information and take an active role in updating Quality
- Maintain quality protocols for testing area and implement
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work
environment and improving customer service.
- Key position is handling Mayer Seed Line contract
- Direct communication with MSL staff and organizing daily
contracts that are received.
- SeedBin and Vworksheet are the main programs used to maintain
- Working closely with SGS Client Services once contracts are
received to prepare them for further testing or sending out.
- This positions requires much detail to organization and meeting
peak time demands
- Receive/sort testing samples, identifying sample priority,
verifying sample information, noting special requests and
- During slow season assisting in other areas of the company as
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and
Professional Conduct.Qualifications Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree
- 0-2 years experience in a customer service support, preferably
in an agriculture testing laboratory (Required)Licenses and
- n/aKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized, and able to work
independently and as part of an effective team.
- Excellent communications skills required at the local level
with personnel and clients, and with SGS management.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong administrative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle a variety of projects effectively,
efficiently and with confidentiality. Computer Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel,
PowerPoint Physical Demands of the Job
- Move or traverse:
- Use hands:
- Reach with hands and arms:
- Climb or balance:
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl:
- Lift/carry/push or pull: OccasionallyAdditional Information SGS
is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire,
train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required.This job description should not
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing
contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.If you
are applying for a position within the United States and you have
difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of
a disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You
will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for
general employment information, but is only for individuals who are
experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a
disabilityAll your information will be kept confidential according
to EEO guidelines
Keywords: SGS North America, Sioux Falls , Client Specialist I, Other , Brookings, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!