Packaging Operator-- 2nd Shift - Retention Bonuses Offered
Company: Toshiba America Business Solutions
Location: Mount Vernon
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. a leading manufacturer and
distributor of office products solutions is seeking a second Shift
(2nd) Packaging Operator for our Toner Products Division located in
Mitchell, South Dakota.
Set- up and operate packaging equipment in medium -heavy
manufacturing environment while monitoring process flow using
computer aided technology. Ensure strict adherence to equipment
operating procedures and standards in a safe manner. Perform
related material handling functions.
- Operate computerized equipment to package toner products
including, PCs, packaging lines, labelers, Laser coders, and
tapping machines. Make adjustments to the packaging equipment based
on the data. Perform a variety of material handling functions
including manual movement of materials. Maintain packaging quality
levels on an ongoing basis. Identify quality problems and do
preliminary investigating to determine the cause. This requires
audits of the weight, lot number, supply part numbers, chip program
verification. Quality checks including, slide position, auger
position, label position, ensure no leaks of toner, chip is present
up to 1,200 parts per shift.
- Accurately record all packaging activity daily; including
Oracle job schedules, waste reporting, back flushing of supplies,
moving and completing finished goods, OEE data, and other
electronic data systems and forms.
- Perform start up and shut down duties pertaining to packaging
equipment at the beginning and end of each shift. Maintain a clean
and orderly work area throughout the shift.
- Ensure packaging equipment is in good repair and perform
established preventive maintenance to ensure optimum performance of
the equipment. Trouble shoot and advise maintenance or engineering
of systematic sequence failures in equipment or process.
Participate and support improvement projects including MI
- Actively participate in improvement activities including MI
projects. Maintain 5S practices and housekeeping of designated
- Responsible for packaging integrity and quality audits on each
shift following Process Operating Standards (POS) and Complete
Quality Audits as stated in POS.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must feel comfortable with fast paced manufacturing environment
with changing priorities.
- Basic knowledge of trouble shooting techniques of equipment and
processes a plus.
- Must have basic Computer skills (Microsoft Office) and be
comfortable data entering data into computer.
- Must have basic math and good communication skills (written and
- Must be Team oriented and have the ability to comprehend
detailed written instructions and procedures
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive
salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal
histories, consistent with legal requirements. Individuals who need
a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of
the employment process should email Accommodation to request
Keywords: Toshiba America Business Solutions, Sioux Falls , Packaging Operator-- 2nd Shift - Retention Bonuses Offered, Other , Mount Vernon, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!