Addiction Counselor - Adult Outpatient Satellite North - Located in Spencer, IA
Company: Jackson Recovery Centers, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope. -
-Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally
recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health
disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With
nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our
physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary,
-Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare
leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and
provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery.
Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
-This full time position will provide continuity of program
services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and
therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and
accreditation standards. Participate as a member of a dedicated,
caring team in the delivery of addictions treatment services to
clients and their families and facilitate the issues of recovery
into their daily living situations.
We are seeking an addiction counselor to work in our adult
outpatient program in Spencer, Iowa. - This position works as a
member of the adult outpatient team and has a passion for helping
others obtain recovery. - -
This position qualifies for HRSA's Substance Use Disorder Treatment
and Recovery (STAR) Program!
- Bachelor's Degree in counseling, psychology, or related field
(Master's degree second level license required for Therapist
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (tCADC/CADC).
- Demonstrated education, training or experience with evidenced
- Adequate written skills to accurately complete required
documentation within the time frames prescribed
- Practical Understanding of substance use disorders and symptoms
in the DSM 5
- Familiar with conducting clinical assessments, individual,
family and group counseling
- Desire to work with Adults in a residential team oriented
substance abuse setting
- Ability to learn and work independently to complete
documentation in automated software system
- Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients,
parents, staff or community resources
1. Work hours prescribed by the Supervisor and any additional hours
deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
2. Undertake primary case management responsibilities for
3. Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational
sessions for clients and/or family members.
4. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent
with rules and regulations.
5. Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions,
therapeutic passes, and discharge plans).
6. Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families,
employees and community groups.
7. Be familiar with court proceedings and available to make court
appearances on behalf of Rosecrance clients.
8. Serve as a member of the outpatient clinical team and
participate in all team meetings and activities.
9. Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the Code of Conduct and
with the framework of the law.
10. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every
11. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients, and customers
and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing
12. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated and
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Starting rate for Bachelors - $21.11/hour
- Starting rate for Masters - $24.44/hour
- Additional $.50/hour with CADC certification
- Health insurance with multiple options to meet your
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer
- Group life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Schedule: Four 10-hour shifts
- Tuesday thru Friday
Work Location: Rosecrance Jackson Centers - Spencer, IA
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: EducationRequired
- Bachelors or betterLicenses & CertificationsRequired
Keywords: Jackson Recovery Centers, Inc., Sioux Falls , Addiction Counselor - Adult Outpatient Satellite North - Located in Spencer, IA, Other , Okoboji, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!