Support Specialist - PRN - ICU
Company: Avel eCare
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Overview: Suport Specialist - PRN - ICU Sioux Falls, SD General
Hours: 12-hour shifts; day/night rotation; weekend and holiday
rotationDepartment: ICUSchedule: PRN SUMMARY:Performs complex
secretarial duties and is responsible for the facilitation and
specialized support of Avel Critical Care. This includes, data
entry management, password management, computer troubleshooting and
coordination of communication between multiple members of the
health care team and customer sites/ with minimal supervision.
Provides guidance to other staff regarding workflow and patient
updates. Demonstrates efficiency with reception/secretarial
software functions and office equipment including phone systems.
- Receives data and inputs information into various computer
systems, databases, and spreadsheets as directed. Performs duties
in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Performs generalized secretarial duties in an accurate and
timely manner to include, but not be limited to: transposes
handwritten or verbal communication to a typed format, edits all
typing for typos and correct as necessary, makes copies of products
as requested, collate, assemble, and distribute information as
- Assists with password process for Avel employees. This includes
setting up initial passwords, assisting with contacting multiple
internal and external ICU monitored sites for resetting password
and entry of password info into the single sign on system.
- Assists with troubleshooting and problem solving of IT issues.
This includes filing Chill Tickets, following up on issues,
education of other employees, working with individual site
personnel, communicating with Avel IT personnel, etc.
- Receives incoming communication (phone, instant messaging,
verbal or fax) and relays it to the appropriate team member in a
timely manner. Communicates with customer sites as needed.
- Assist with data gathering and compiles results for quality
improvement projects and efficiency projects, as well as any
project that is assigned.
- Performs tasks, as directed by manager/director, to assist in
efficient operation of the eICU unit. REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Healthcare background and one year of Medical secretarial
- Two or more years of secretarial experience in similar work
environment required. Associated topics: bsn, care unit, ccu, mhb,
nurse, psychatric, recovery, registed, staff nurse,
Keywords: Avel eCare, Sioux Falls , Support Specialist - PRN - ICU, Other , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!