Quality Assurance Associate
Company: Newport Labs
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Newport Laboratories is seeking an experienced individual to
join our team as a Quality Assurance Associate. Newport Labs,
located in Worthington, Minnesota, is a leading provider of USDA
autogenous vaccines and diagnostic services, and was recently
acquired by Vaxxinova (more information below).About the Quality
Assurance Associate Role:The Quality Assurance Associate, reporting
to the Manager of Regulatory Affairs and Quality, is responsible
for release functions within the Quality Assurance (QA) department.
To assist and support the quality program, to ensure site wide
compliance from isolation through production and testing, and the
distribution of veterinary biologic products, within the guidelines
set by regulatory agencies.Shift: Monday to Friday- between 7am and
5pmMain responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Associate:
- Readies production and batch record documentation and performs
review for compliance to good documentation practices and against
SOPs and Regulations.
- Review documentation to ensure records are accurate and
complete and resolve issues found.
- Determine the disposition of final products and release final
products for sale.
- Review and release of final client labels.
- Determine the disposition of final product shipments,
approving/denying non-adjacent shipments.
- Performs movement transactions in SAP system as needed.
- Assist with investigations of errors to identify root cause and
prevent repeated errors.
- Participates in the internal inspection program.
- Completes other duties as assigned. Qualifications and
Capabilities of the Quality Assurance Associate:
- BA or AS Degree in related field; or high school diploma and 2
years of related work experience.
- Be familiar and ensure compliance with regulatory agencies
including the USDA-CVB, C-CVB, and other Federal, State, and Local
Agencies as needed.
- Familiarity with USDA/9 CFR regulations governing the
manufacturing of autogenous animal biologics is preferred but not
- Strong communication skills required including written, verbal
and listening to effectively interact with others.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, and meet
- Ability to follow written SOPs, specifications, and other
- Ability to use a computer for data entry in numerous
- Ability to work in a high pace environment and ability to
- Must be conscientious. Benefits at Newport Laboratories:We are
proud to offer a generous benefit package in addition to
competitive compensation. Our benefits include:
- Health Savings Account with company match
- 401K plan with company match
- Holiday Pay
- Short and long term disability
- Company paid life insurance About Newport Labs and
VaxxinovaNewport Labs is a leading manufacturer of Custom Made
Vaccines (autogenous biologics) and has a long reputation of
excellent customer service based on trust, integrity and a
philosophy of partnering with veterinarians to identify and address
cattle diseases.Newport Laboratories was acquired by Vaxxinova in
October 2021. Vaxxinova International is headquartered in Nijmegen,
the Netherlands. Vaxxinova has a global network of production,
R&D, and/or diagnostic facilities in 9 countries: Brazil,
Germany, Italy, Japan, Jordan, the Netherlands, Norway, Chile and
two locations in the US (Willmar and Worthington, Minnesota).
Vaxxinova products and services are available in more than 60
countries. Worldwide, Vaxxinova is a growing company with a staff
of over 1,000 people. Vaxxinova is part of the family-owned EW
Group. The EW Group is based in Germany and is specialized in
animal genetics, animal nutrition and animal health, with a
globally dominant position in poultry genetics. The EW Group
operates in over 100 countries and records consistent international
growth. Its positive outlook and global orientation have led to an
independent and significantly stable position in the market and a
Keywords: Newport Labs, Sioux Falls , Quality Assurance Associate, Other , Worthington, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...