Company: Quality Tool
Posted on: March 19, 2023
CNC MachinistQuality Tool, Inc., an ISO9001:2015 certified
contract precision metal fabricator and machining manufacturer
seeking reliable, motivated and team-minded CNC Machinists to
set-up and operate a variety of CNC Machining Centers at our plant
in Brookings, SD.Essential Duties:
- Exhibits the personal characteristic we value of good attitude,
intelligence, integrity, and humility.
- Reviews job/production orders and interprets accompanying
prints and drawings to determine job requirements, check for
accuracy of information, and identify any discrepancies or special
- Set up, adjust and operate machine tools determining speeds &
feeds with the ability to align and secure holding fixtures,
cutting tools, attachments & accessories.
- Insures that all work is done in accordance with and adheres to
Company ISO and Quality standards.
- Prepares and cleans product surfaces, as necessary, for desired
- Sequence automatic machine operations and define setup
requirements, select cutting tools, and program proper feeds and
speeds to successfully machine parts.
- Identify optimal manufacturing processes based on part
configuration and batch size.
- Inspect work, making necessary notations on work routers.
- The nature of the work is a mix of small to medium quantity
runs with frequent set-ups.Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
- Understands and promotes company's mission, values and quality
- Exhibits the personal characteristics we value of good
attitude, intelligence, integrity and humility.
- Working knowledge of metal fabrication/forming practices and
- Working knowledge of operating procedures for machine center,
laser, drill/mill, lathe, brake press and turret.
- Ability to read and understand job specifications, shop
drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to perform basic math computations associated with
- Knowledge of properties of structural metal and related
- Proficient in editing programs and adjusting offsets.
- Experience inspecting your own parts using various dimensional
tools such as calipers, micrometers and gauges.
- Familiar with geometric dimension and tolerance
- Good attendance and punctuality and willingness to work
overtime as needed.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision, as well
as part of a team.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.Desired Qualifications:
- 2+ plus years of Machining experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.Compensation & Benefits:.
- Competitive wage commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Overtime is often available - not mandatoryQuality Tool is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Manual Machining SkillsMachines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC)
- CNC Lathe (2-4 axis)
- CNC Swiss Lathe
- CNC Mill (5+ axis VMC)
- CNC Lathe (5+ axis)Salary info:$18 - $30 / hr
Keywords: Quality Tool, Sioux Falls , CNC Machinist, Other , Brookings, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...