Wastewater Treatment Operator - Night Shift
Company: Valley Queen Cheese Factory
Posted on: November 20, 2023
This position is responsible for operating Valley Queen Cheese
Factory's Class IV wastewater treatment facility within the
regulations set forth by the SDDENR.
- Perform all laboratory inventory and testing according to
- Maintain and comply with SDDENR discharge permit by closely
monitoring all equipment and infrastructure.
- Complete and maintain appropriate paperwork and documentation
to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Collect, analyze and ship all daily, weekly, monthly and
quarterly wastewater, river and bio-solids samples according to
SOPs as required.
- Assist in compliance, scheduling and oversight of bio-solids
- Monitor daily collection system operation and assist with
developing and implementing any necessary SOPs.
- Maintain good communications with wastewater personnel
regarding daily operational adjustments.
- Perform general housekeeping responsibilities.
- Assist with planned, unplanned and preventive repairs of all
wastewater treatment plant equipment.
- Promote the control of cross-contamination risk by following
and enforcing all GMP policies as they pertain to the wastewater
- Understand and adhere to all company and OSHA policies and
- Safely handle, prepare and use chemicals while wearing proper
- Attend and/or complete required safety and quality training
sessions by the assigned deadlines.
- Lead the detection, troubleshooting, repair and root cause
analysis of wastewater operational issues.
- Identify high priority issues and communicate accurately and
timely to the appropriate stakeholders, i.e. SDDENR, Valley Queen
- Obtain and maintain Level II Wastewater Treatment Operator's
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Computer Skills
- Time Management/Initiative
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position works indoors and outdoors, in all types of weather,
and in potentially hazardous environments, which may involve
exposure to dangerous chemicals and/or raw sewage.
Please refer to the separate functional job description for this
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work for the night
shift are generally Monday through Thursday, 5:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m.
This position will work every third weekend. Will include coverage
of on-call duties per the established WWTP schedule which may
involve overnight coverage during upset periods.
Less than five percent travel expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience & Certifications
High school diploma/GED. Associate degree in related technical
field or equivalent number of years of laboratory or food
processing experience. Proficiency in basic computer skills.
Maintain forklift certification. This position will be required to
obtain a Level II Wastewater Treatment Certification within 1 year
of employment, if not currently certified.
Preferred Education, Experience & Certifications
Level III - IV WWTP Operator certification (7). Bilingual in
English/Spanish. Experience working in a wastewater treatment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Minimum age requirement is 18. Must possess or be able to obtain a
valid and appropriate state driver's license prior to
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities, duties or
tasks that are required of the employee for this job.
Responsibilities, duties and tasks may change at any time with or
Monday - Thursday
5:00 PM - 5:00 AM Associated topics: climate, fault, healthy,
physician, risk, safety, sewer system, waste, wastewater treatment
Keywords: Valley Queen Cheese Factory, Sioux Falls , Wastewater Treatment Operator - Night Shift, Other , Watertown, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!