Floral Designer - Part Time
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: March 12, 2019
Job Title: Floral Designer FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Floral Revision Date: 03/2009
Creates floral arrangements at the request of customers and fills necessary merchandising needs. Takes floral orders in person and over the telephone. Operates as a lead with the floral clerks.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant Managers; Floral Manager; Assistant Floral Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Cleans, processes, and cuts flowers appropriately.
- Responsible for department in absence of Manager, or Assistant Manager.
- Understands and processes FTD, interstore, Teleflora orders, and Internet Orders.
- Inventories product, evaluates status, cares for damaged product, and replaces where necessary.
- Fills customer orders completely and creates floral arrangements at their request, all in a timely manner.
- Ensures floral products are fresh in the shop and throughout the store.
- Cleans the floral area.
- Takes special requests for product either in person or over the telephone.
- Counsels customers regarding plants and floral care.
- Identifies key areas to place specials within the store.
- Operates as a lead with the floral clerks, (e.g. trains and simple designs and how to take telephone orders, etc.).
- Orders flowers and supplies daily or as needed with the direction of the Floral Manager.
- Works with customer issues and product problems.
- Understands the basics of floral products, care and handling, plant and flower identification, and can explain products requirements to customers.
- Unloads trucks, places product in appropriate storage area, and replenishes merchandise.
- Wraps flowers and is careful not to damage.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers product as necessary.
- Shares ideas for arrangements for the customers as necessary (funerals, weddings, anniversaries, etc.).
- Reads industry references, listens to floral experts, and remains open to new ideas.
- Helps with and may decorate in store events.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Instructing, assigning work, reviewing work, planning work of others, maintaining standards, coordinating activities. Has the authority to recommend disciplinary actions.
Education and Experience:
High School or three years of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. Some holidays may require extended hours. There is exposure to dirt, noise, dangerous chemicals/solvents, dampness and temperature extremes.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Standard tools and equipment used in a floral environment including computer, underwater cutter, wire cutter, pricing gun, dosetron, scissors, knives, pick machine, register system, helium tank, and telephone.
Has daily contact with the general public, customers, suppliers/vendors and FTD and Teleflora.
Maintains confidentiality on orders placed (including, who sent, who received, order, and cost).
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Sioux Falls , Floral Designer - Part Time, Other , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!