Supervisor Region Operations
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: August 23, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
This position will be responsible for supervising and coaching
outside technicians who perform a variety of outside technical job
functions within CenturyLink. This position includes full
responsibility of all cable maintenance and safety assurance
- Manage the daily operation of outside and inside plant network
services and technicians whose work includes the installation and
maintenance of residential, business, central office as well as
design services and splicing activities.
- You will serve as the single point of contact between Century
Link and Contractors to resolve issues arising during the
construction and/or maintenance process.
- This includes a major emphasis on training, coaching and
development of employees with regards to new processes and quality
standards, customer contact, safety, expense control and technical
- Will be responsible for leading a team of technicians who meet
attendance and performance standards.
- Will represent Century Link with customers and governmental
- Collaborates with the union to achieve a win-win working
- Celebrates successes, appropriately uses rewards and
- Motivates team for continuous improvement and achievement of
- Previous experience managing teams within a telecom technical
environment with typically 4-5 year of experience.
- Strong skills and experience in employee development to include
training, coaching and mentoring in a union environment
- Computer skills are required including Excel, email, Word, and
- Working knowledge of installation and maintenance of
residential and business services, Local Network processes, and a
fundamental understanding of services and products offered by
Century Link is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the splicing and construction process for
the telecommunication industry.
- Working knowledge of Contractor relations.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a consultative
manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview/fact-find,
present options/recommend solutions, follow-up and customer focused
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, result oriented
position in a deadline focused department.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education and experience. 5+
years related experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing teams within a telecom
- 2+ years of experience with installation, maintenance, and
repair of POTS and HSI.
- 2+ years of experience with Excel, email and legacy
- Previous lead or supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Duty Management work will be scheduled on a rotation basis and
pager duty will be required.
- Requires varying tours and hours including possible mandatory
overtime and holidays.
- Must perform work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under
- Must negotiate timeframes for completion and meet critical
- Must be willing and able to work with other coworkers to
complete job assignments.
- Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-South Dakota-Sioux Falls
Requisition #: 214901
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Sioux Falls , Supervisor Region Operations, Other , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!