Senior Assurance Consultant
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact
information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your
current resume when submitting your application for consideration.
To participate in some selection activities you will need to
respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email
and text message. In order to receive text message invitations,
your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as
"Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs
and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented
people who will put our customers at the center of everything we
do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued
and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team
includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services,
Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management,
Merchant Services, Marketing and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and
the professional services teams that partner with these businesses.
PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and
deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings
to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding
principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) is part of the Payments,
Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) business division. WFVC
serves consumer and small business customers through digital
(online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and
correspondence). We provide customers with convenient ways to
manage their accounts, enable digital payments, provide solutions
that meet their financial needs, and more. WFVC serves over 27
million customers through our digital channels and support over 5.8
billion customer interactions annually through digital and contact
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels - Contact Center Business Assurance
The Business Assurance Support Team serves as the Contact Center's
primary point of contact for risk management activities in the
business, including supporting Self-Assurance Activities.
Self-Assurance Activities are designed to ensure controls are
operating as intended. These activities help process owners
understand and remediate control issues and risks within their
There are three (3) positions available on the Self-Assurance
Activities (SAA) sub team within Contact Center Business Assurance
Support. These positions will be the Sr. most consultants on the
SAA team. The consultants will provide leadership across each
Self-Assurance function (Coordination, Design, and Testing) and
associated processes. The candidates should have experience in
either audit, risk, control design and testing, and/or compliance.
These consultants will partner extensively with LOB leadership,
process owners, process SME's, control owners,
technology/data/reporting/analytics teams, and front line Control
functions/Operational Risk/Compliance to ensure all program and
policy requirements are met and SAA's are adequately designed and
tested to identify control issues.
The primary responsibilities for this role may include but are not
- Provide leadership and guidance to other team members. Provide
workflow coordination and assignment.
- Provide on-going reporting and monitoring of respective
- Lead strategic efforts to continuously improve the SAA
lifecycle and processes.
- Create and deliver presentations to a wide range of audiences;
train team members on SAA's including design and testing.
- Support the most complex SAA's within the portfolio.
- Oversee and participate in the coordination of the end-to-end
- Oversee and participate in the design of SAA's. Ensure the
design can withstand scrutiny from internal external tests and
- Oversee and participate in execution of SAA control tests to
identify exceptions, error rates, and testing conclusions. Document
and preserve tests results and evidence. Escalate exceptions and
issues to peer teams for Issue Management and remediation.
- Participate in discussions with control owners and risk
partners on how to improve control weaknesses and design based on
knowledge gathered from design and tests.
- Perform and lead peer reviews of SAA design and testing
- Oversee and participate in quality reviews of risk and control
information to ensure an effective SAA can be designed around the
control. Escalate recommendations for quality enhancements when
problems are identified.
- Pursue automated and efficient solutions whenever possible and
assist in associated design and execution.
- Participate in business process mapping discussions to
influence the quality of documentation and structure related to
risk and controls to prevent downstream impacts to the SAA
lifecycle.PLEASE NOTE: other locations in the larger Wells Fargo
footprint may be considered.
- 3+ years of audit, regulatory compliance or risk management
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the
following: business support, project management, implementation,
business operations or strategic planning
- Experience testing policy and procedures/control testing
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and
work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions to
complex analytical questions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and
- Experience determining the root cause of identified issues
- Strong analytical skills with ability to draw conclusions and
Other Desired Qualifications
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- Risk, Compliance and Audit certifications a plus
- Experience in Control Design, Control Testing or Control
Assessments- and with Technology and Control Automation
- Financial regulatory experience a plus
- Experience building programs, methodologies, and processes to
support business assurance and governance
- Ability to translate complex risk processes, terms, and
requirements into easy to understand concepts and actions
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a
SD-Sioux Falls: Min: $97,700 Mid: $139,500
AZ-Chandler: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000
OR-Hillsboro: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000
CA-El Monte: Min: $119,400 Mid: $170,500
TX-Westlake: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000
IA-Des Moines: Min: $108,500 Mid: $155,000
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
TX-Westlake: 1301 Solana Blvd - Westlake, TX
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
SD-Sioux Falls: 4811 N 4th Ave - Sioux Falls, SD
OR-Hillsboro: 6305 NE Bennett Street - Hillsboro, OR
CA-El Monte: 9000 Flair Dr - El Monte, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Sioux Falls , Senior Assurance Consultant, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!