Company: Lloyd Companies
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: November 19, 2021
SUMMARY The Estimator negotiates vendor terms and prices using
knowledge of budget and schedule requirements. Additionally, this
individual will be responsible for assembling estimates for
multifamily projects. This individual is to establish quality
standards for building materials and create/maintain product
inventory. This individual shall perform job functions in
collaboration with the construction team and our internal and
external clients. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create proposals for both simple and complex Request for
- Review and comment on all phases of construction documents to
incorporate standards during the document development process.
- Receive and evaluate quotes for applicable scopes and alignment
with bid documents.
- Ability to provide pricing based on conceptual plans.
- Qualify vendor proposals to ascertain scope duplication and/or
- Continually develop and maintain relationships with client and
vendor base and assist in maintaining contact and relationship
records of those clients and vendors.
- Work, communicate and negotiate directly with vendors.
- Work with consultants to develop specifications for new
projects, rehabilitation projects, and retrofits.
- Maintain a record of historical costs for use in developing
preliminary cost estimates for projects.
- Directly prepare detailed quantity take-offs, and assign
market-relevant cost factors to fully articulate preliminary/final
construction cost estimates.
- Collaborate with the Pre-Construction team to accurately
draft/review/present project schedules.
- Collaborate with the Pre-Construction team to fulfill project
goals by negotiating/awarding projects to vendors (demonstrating
proficient creativity, conflict resolution, and negotiating
- Draft/Negotiate written Scopes of Work for Subcontractors and
Material Suppliers to establish clear expectations.
- Work at a high level and operate under a deadline-driven
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be
necessary to achieve company and departmental goals. JOB
- Proven working experience as an estimator.
- Knowledge of building codes that are applicable to the scope of
- Strong technical expertise in all aspects of building
construction, including all general trades, plumbing trades,
mechanical trades and electrical trades, with an emphasis on energy
efficiency and lean construction techniques.
- Networking ability and demonstrated ability to establish and
build client relationships.
- High level of attention to detail and cost analysis.
- Above-average ability to read & interpret blueprints and
- Proficient use of computer and estimating software.
- Knowledge about means, methods, and materials used in
multi-family and or Commercial construction in order to determine
the most cost-effective type of construction for a project.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must communicate well (written, verbal, and electronically)
with clients, all levels of company staff, subcontracted vendors,
and design professionals.
- Flexibility, winning spirit/attitude, tolerance for
- Exceptional knowledge of building products, construction
details, and relevant rules, regulations, and quality
- True desire to complete a project with conscious care,
commitment and concentration.
- Stress Management.
- Active member of the community.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Regular and consistent attendance. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Estimating experience with multi-family and/or commercial
projects. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write and
present reports, proposals, applications, and contracts. Ability to
respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers,
and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate
figures, proportions, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to
apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or
feel; and reach with hands and arms. Working Conditions The job is
performed in an office setting with occasional travel to properties
and/or projects via airplane, bus, or vehicle. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Must be aware and conform to all safety requirements when in the
building, operating motor vehicles, or in the field performing
duties for the company.
Keywords: Lloyd Companies, Sioux Falls , Pre-Construction Estimator, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!