Company: Daktronics, Inc.
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of
people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for
information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel
information in airports and train stations and along highways. They
advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make
your daily commute. They also enhance spectators' experiences at
sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major
The standard shift for this position is Monday through Thursday,
6:00am to 4:30pm. Occasionally the shift is adjusted to Tuesday
through Friday, 6:00am to 4:30pm.
By applying to this posting, you will be considered for open
positions in Electronic Assembly and this position in Final
Assembly. If selected for an interview, preference will be
discussed at that time. Placement will be subject to
qualifications, preferences, and factory needs.
* Operate automated equipment and/or perform the modular and
technical construction of scoreboards and/or displays; interpret
and execute standard work through the use of work
instructions/technical drawings; safely operate hand tools;
participate in a build team.
* Learn Daktronics products, systems, and processes and produce
product in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
* Be flexible to work in other departments as needed.
* Learn, practice, and actively participate in Lean Manufacturing
* Foster teamwork and self-improvement through effective
communication with employees within the production line, between
shifts, the department and factory as a whole.
* Follow company policies and procedures.
* Complete other duties as assigned to meet customer needs.
* Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Good communication skills.
* Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Ability to work
overtime when workload requires.
* Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision.
* Ability to learn quickly.
* Physical requirements include the ability to:
* Work in an environment with these types of smells: paint,
solvent, and solder.
* Frequently lift 35 lbs. Occasionally to frequently lift 45 lbs.,
in some work areas.
* Stand for the full shift with planned breaks. The duration of
standing between breaks varies from 2-3 - hours depending on work
* Work from heights, including working from ladders and
* Reach in all directions (up, down, side-to-side, and diagonal
reaching), including some awkward reaching to insert components in
difficult to reach sections of the product.
* Maintain steady hand/eye coordination.
* Identify wire and paint colors.
* Read fine print.
* Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in
accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items
may include: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing
protection, and electrostatic discharge wear.
* Fluent in English, written and verbal.
* Ability to meet all workplace safety requirements, which includes
following safety protocols related to COVID-19.
* Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas
for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability,
genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status or citizenship status. If you would like
more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click
Keywords: Daktronics, Inc., Sioux Falls , Production Assembler, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!