Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Company: Heiman Fire Equipment
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Heiman Fire Equipment, we take pride in
creating custom-built fire trucks for our customers. We're looking
for an experienced Shipping and Receiving Clerk to work in our
- Prepares shipments; determines most economical and efficient
shipping method; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares and prints shipping labels, checks items to be shipped
against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and
routing are correct.
- Process orders based on most economical shipping method;
contact carrier and schedule shipping.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares
information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy
of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs
inventory which is shipped or received.
- Send appropriate paperwork to accounting personnel in Ashton,
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records
discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing
personnel. Scan and sort items onto pallets according to job
- Delivers items internally and, on occasion, locally.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments;
initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Assists Company's Sales Representatives with customer orders or
- Maintains accurate inventory of products, shipping materials
- Make pike poles, water valves and other related fire rescue
tools; Repair hoses as needed.
- Provide service and sales to customers regarding customer
issues and needs; identify and sell products based on customer
needs.Here's what we are looking for:
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Self-starter with good time management and organizational
- Ability to proactively solve problems while analyzing possible
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and
- A team-player, working together with internal and external
customers, providing insight when needed and able t be flexible
when goals or outcomes differ.
- Able to learn and relay technical informationTHE BENEFITS OF
BEING A HEIMAN EMPLOYEEWe understand everyone's life is different,
and having the right tools and benefits can help make the journey
of life more manageable for everyone. Here are some of the benefits
we offer to help our employees take charge of their lives.Health &
Wellness On-site Gym - On-site Climbing Wall - Employee Assistance
Program (EAP)Insurance Coverage Two (2) Medical Plans to Choose
From - Dental Coverage - Vision Coverage - Supplemental Insurance
(AFLAC) - Life Insurance - COBRARetirement & Savings 401(k) Company
MatchPaid Time Off & Holidays Paid Vacation - Paid Company Holidays
- Bereavement LeaveEmployee Appreciation Employee Appreciation
Events & Meals - Company Logowear - Employee Discount Services
CardEvery Friday OFF! We work Monday – Thursday, 6:30 am – 5:00 pm,
and Fridays we are off.
Keywords: Heiman Fire Equipment, Sioux Falls , Shipping and Receiving Clerk, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!