Plumbing Journeyman / Foreman-SF
Company: Midwestern Mechanical
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: TBDAt Midwestern Mechanical we are
passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we
perform. We maintain a workplace that individuals can be proud of,
where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed
decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of
those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a
career at Midwestern Mechanical, we invite you to apply today!
Midwestern Mechanical is a Drug Free workplace. Pre-employment drug
screens are required.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Plumbing Journeyman/Foreman
Our Plumbing Journeymen work primarily on large new commercial
construction projects -- assembling, installing and repairing
plumbing and med gas systems according to project specifications
and appropriate trade and building codes. These systems may consist
of pipes, fittings, fixtures and boilers for hydronic heating,
water, med gas and drainage systems. Our Plumbing Journeymen also
are responsible for providing education and training for
apprentices. We pride ourselves on high quality work and
Essential Job Functions:
- Diagnoses problems and/or failures in a variety of plumbing and
- Repairs and installs various types of pipes including iron,
steel, copper and pvc.
- Inspects equipment, structures or materials to identify the
cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Makes decisions by analyzing information and evaluating results
to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Tests for leaks in new and repaired systems with compressed air
- Overnight travel as necessary within the region.
- Provides daily direction to assigned Apprentices on the job
site and participates in training and development of
- Competent, responsible, organized and team-oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Average computer skills.
- Ability to read and interpret written materials, and perform
basic mathematical computations.
- Strong mechanical skills. Ability to interpret architectural
plans, drawings and mechanical design.
- Ability to maintain an active state and city license in all
city/states you perform work in.
- Ability to work independently and with others to meet
- Ability to work overtime upon occasion.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver's
license, and must have reliable transportation.Educational and
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman Plumber license
- Field experience as a Journeyman Plumber
- Field experience as a Journeyman Plumber in commercial
- Med gas certification preferred
- Welding to include stainless steel welding preferredWe offer
market competitive pay, as well as opportunities for advancement,
knowledge and skill development. In addition, we offer the
following benefits to our employees:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off program
- Job bonuses
- Continuing education
- Year-round work
- Company vehiclesMidwestern Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Midwestern Mechanical, Sioux Falls , Plumbing Journeyman / Foreman-SF, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!