Company: Job Juncture
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Sioux Falls, SD
Our Sioux Falls, SD food manufacturing client is looking to hire a
Maintenance Supervisor. Under the direction of the Division
Manager, this position is responsible for monitoring the daily
maintenance operations, and employees working in the maintenance
department. This individual will work as a team player in all
levels of the organization to develop, implement and maintain
processes that increase the plant’s safety, quality, and production
performance. Works directly with leadership team members to
complete necessary repairs timely to support the plant’s production
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Provide direct supervision and leadership to the maintenance
- Provides daily task assignments to maintenance employees and
communicates completed repairs to leadership.
- Coordinates a rotational schedule for maintenance employee
completion of special projects.
- Actively participate in the following meetings: SQF management
review, safety and loss control, quality, staff, and employee
- Ensure all maintenance employees are properly trained and
certified with the following OSHA requirements: arc flash, aerial
lift, confined space, first aid/CPR, fall protection, forklift,
hazardous communication – Right To Know, hearing conservation, hot
works, lockout/tagout, and general shop safety.
- Frequently review the complete operation of the plant and
- Conduct routine inspections of equipment and property and
report findings to the Division Manager.
- Follow up with plant employees and outside contractors to
ensure that work has been completed as approved, within the
timeframe indicated, and within the amount allocated.
- Examine and maintain the safe and efficient operations of the
plant’s production and packaging equipment.
- Review preventative maintenance schedules, effectiveness, and
assignments for continuous improvement.
- Oversee all basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and
repairs on all plant equipment.
- Maintain cooling water systems.
- Assist the plant’s regulatory manager with sampling and
necessary repairs of equipment.
- Must be able to take rotating “on call” leadership coverage to
provide weekend assistance.
- Review the maintenance employee’s documents on
assignment/scheduling of daily work orders.
- Prepare purchase orders for properly requisitioned
- Coordinate with corporate purchasing department to assist with
purchasing of supplies, packaging, and other items with
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Associates degree from two-year college in a related technical
field or certificate or diploma from trade school in related field
- Three to five years of experience in the maintenance,
mechanical maintenance, and/or repair work and/or operation of a
process manufacturing facility or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience, preferably in a
- Prior maintenance experience in the food manufacturing
environment is preferred.
- Food manufacturing, material handling and forklift operation
- Prior experience in the dairy or cheese industry is
- Knowledge of SQF, HACCP, GMP’s, OSHA and loss control programs
Keywords: Job Juncture, Sioux Falls , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!