Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: Power System Engineering (PSE)
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: August 6, 2022
This is an exciting time to join Power System Engineering (PSE).
We have been partnering with electric utility, energy, agriculture,
and industrial clients for over 40 years providing innovative
engineering and consulting services and solutions. As an industry
leader, PSE fosters a culture focused on our employees and clients,
forward-thinking, innovation, integrity, and safety which drives
the growth and success of our company and supports our clients in
managing their power grid, water supply, gas systems, and
communications networks more effectively.
PSE is looking for a full-time Senior Engineer to join our highly
collaborative teams in Sioux Falls, SD. You will have significant
opportunities to interact with clients, be exposed to exciting
projects, and build a Regional office while surrounded by a network
of supportive colleagues. Responsibilities include managing client
relationships, providing day-to-day technical operations support,
performing engineering studies, making decisions on staffing needs,
and being an enthusiastic team member.
- Manage the relationship of assigned electric utility clients
within the region on behalf of all PSE practice areas.
- On behalf of all PSE practice areas, develop new regional
electric utility client relationships. Assist with business
development activities, including marketing visits to prospective
- Strategically hire and staff a team of professionals and
support staff as needed. Provide leadership (both direct and
indirect reports) and direct efforts in providing a wide range of
engineering, planning, design, and technical consulting services to
PSE's electric utility clients in the region.
- Manage client relationships, provide client support in areas of
technical competencies, and coordinate client support by other PSE
colleagues outside of technical competencies.
- Proactively communicate with clients on a regular basis to
assure PSE is meeting their needs.
- With the support of PSE colleagues, provide day-to-day
technical operations support to clients including, but not limited
to, switching procedures, motor starting analysis, equipment sizing
and specifications, system maintenance, relay and control setting,
and power quality investigations.
- With the support of PSE colleagues, perform utility studies
including by not limited to long-range plans, construction work
plans, distributed energy resource system impact studies,
protection/sectionalizing, arc flash, power factor correction, and
- With the support of PSE colleagues, perform engineering
economic analysis of client projects and annual operations and
- Work in a cooperative fashion with PSE colleagues to maximize
client support offerings.
Education and ExperienceThe following are the minimum requirements
for this position.
- The candidate must have a BSEE with a minimum of 5 years of
working experience in the electric power industry preferred.
- The candidate must have an active professional engineer license
and be capable of becoming licensed in Wisconsin, South Dakota, and
- The candidate shall be self-motivated and have experience in
power system planning and operations.
- High level of interpersonal, problem solving, leadership, and
- Possess the ability to achieve quality results, be
change-oriented, foster innovation and be a continuous
- Possess the ability to continually identify and recommend
process and/or system improvements to facilitate efficiencies.
- Working knowledge of the NESC, RUS, ANSI, and applicable IEEE
PSE conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who
accept employment offers.
Authorization to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
is a precondition of employment.
Power System Engineering is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex,
gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
age, disability, veteran status, religion, color, ancestry, or
national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this
policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion,
transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities,
and general treatment during employment.
Keywords: Power System Engineering (PSE), Sioux Falls , Senior Electrical Engineer, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!