Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: August 6, 2022
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty
truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and
brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the
heavy-duty industry and apply today!
General Job Description
The Technician II is expected to have mastered all applications of
Preventative Maintenance and to perform basic and advanced
adjustments, repairs and component replacements with limited
supervision. Additionally, the Technician II will perform basic
diagnostic operations in order to successfully diagnose vehicle
system failures and suggest accurate system repairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or
- Provide customers with preventative maintenance solution,
- Maintain 80% productivity
- Prevent comebacks
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance of vehicles
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil
changes, lubrications and filter replacements.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes (air, hydraulic,
electric and brake accessories).
- Test drive vehicles and test components using proper
- Troubleshoot and repair suspension systems including leaf and
coil spring systems, and Hendrickson walking beam type suspension
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems, exhaust systems,
steering systems, air conditioning, PTO"S and custom exhaust
- Adjust, remove and replace clutches and drivelines.
- Troubleshoot and repair fuel tanks, fifth wheels, trailer
hitches, pintle hooks, auxiliary axles and frames.
- Perform tandem alignment, front axle king pin and bushing
- Perform basic aluminum and steel wire welding.
- Utilize machinery in order to repair or fabricate any
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using
power tools and hand tools.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical window and seat
operating equipment and trim to gain access to vehicle bodies and
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Diesel Technology Associates degree
- 3 + years of experience with class 7 & 8 trucks
- Experience repairing 53' trailers
Knowledge & Experience
- Airbrake certified
Skills & Abilities
- Must provide hand tools, air tools, and toolbox.
- Maintain perfect safety record
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Non-climate controlled shop
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail,
service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
Keywords: FleetPride, Sioux Falls , Technician II, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!