Posted on: January 24, 2023
At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the Earth by
converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods
as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty years our drive
and passion to change the world has enabled us to become the
largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader in bio-based
products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture, POET team
members enjoy competitive pay and benefits including;
* Starting at $21.00 per hour, depending on experience. We will
* Quarterly Profit-Sharing Bonuses, and Bi-Annual Incentive
* Attractive Relocation Assistance and Bonus Programs for
qualifying positions and/or locations
* Competitive pay, including shift premium pay for qualifying
* Individual and family plans for health, dental, & vision
insurance, including a generous employer Health Savings Account
* Paid Parental Leave
* A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person
mentally, physically, and spiritually
* Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
* 401K with company match
* Paid time off and paid holidays
* Tuition reimbursement
* Excellent work-life balance with a 'family-first' culture
* Safety and cold weather gear reimbursements
* Discounted home and auto insurance
The Plant Technician is responsible for the operation of all plant
processing equipment and performing routine basic maintenance in a
highly automated chemical facility. In the area of maintenance,
Plant Technicians are responsible for the safe and efficient
maintenance, basic repair, and cleaning of all equipment associated
with bioprocessing processes. At times, Plant Technicians may be
asked to assist Maintenance Technicians in more technical and
complex maintenance procedures. Team members in this position are
required to maintain knowledge of the process flow, computerized
equipment, and be aware of hazards associated with the process as
well as understand and execute standard operating procedures
(SOPs). Continuous plant operation requires 12-hour shift work.
Plant Technicians must be able to adapt to 12-hour workdays and be
able to meet call-in requirements as needed.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE)
* Use your knowledge to maintain and operate all processes
associated with the plant where required.
* Perform maintenance and basic repairs of plant equipment and
document these activities.
* Operate the DCS (Distributed Control System) for the plant.
* Safely perform basic electrical troubleshooting.
* Follow procedures for plant start-up, shut-down, cleaning, and
* Maintain accurate and timely logs.
* Collect and test quality control samples, interpret QA/QC results
and make adjustments to optimize plant operations, timely and
accurately document results and enter results into our data
collection system, PI.
* Assist in removal, installation, rebuild, and performance of
preventive and predictive maintenance on all equipment associated
with plant processes.
* Help to keep your plant clean by following the sanitation
schedule and completing all tasks as assigned.
* Notify the management team of safety, environmental, quality and
production concerns, problems and opportunities.
* Keep your plant safe by fostering a culture of safe behavior and
* Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the
* Since we're all about teamwork and getting the job done, your
skill may be put to a lot of other uses!
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Experience requirements:
* Plant Technician I: experience in a production environment
* Plant Technician II: Documented successful performance as a Plant
Technician I or equivalent work experience required.
* Plant Technician III: Documented proficiency in the skills listed
in the Plant Technician III Skills Checklist.
* Working knowledge in math, reading comprehension and mechanical
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are
* Experience with software systems, such as Maximo, preferred.
* Excellent organizational, time management, and communication
skills as well as the ability to embrace change.
* You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You're capable of
learning new programs.
At POET we believe in developing our team members to their highest
potential and recognizing contributions that add value to the
organization. Each new team member's position and compensation are
carefully determined by considering their unique qualifications and
* Culture is king at POET. We're all on the same team. We always
communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren't just
slogans on our walls. It's the way we do things at POET.
* Team members will be required to adhere to all safety
requirements at all times and in all work environments. This
position is exposed to work in multiple environments, including
plant, laboratory, as well as an office environment. You may be
exposed to high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, dusty
conditions, internal and external temperature/weather conditions,
* Specific physical requirements may include:
* Occasionally lifting weight up to sixty (60) pounds.
* Climbing several flights of stairs and ladders.
* Opening valves.
* Occasionally bending, twisting and turning while lifting weight
of less than fifty (50) pounds.
* Data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour.
* Walking up to two (2) or more miles per day.
* Pushing brooms, shovels, etc.
* Working at heights, in confined spaces and at temperatures from
-20 to +100 degrees.
* Standing for extended periods of time.
* Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Using hand and power tools.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). POET complies with all
applicable federal, state and local laws regarding hiring and
employment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran
Keywords: POET, Sioux Falls , Production Operator, Professions , Ashton, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!