Plant Operations Intern
Company: Perdue Farms, Inc.
Location: Sioux Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company
heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a
goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we
create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice
customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are
raised for food.SummaryStart planning Summer 2023 NOW! We are
hiring Plant Operations Interns for our Summer Intern Program. Our
interns will be responsible for the day-to-day assistance in the
supervision of production associates to achieve required production
and quality standards in a safe, efficient, effective manner, and
assisting in promoting and maintaining positive working
relationships within the production group.WHAT TO EXPECT:
- 10 Week Summer Program - this rotational internship gives you
exposure to various roles within the facility that you are
- Hands on learning and exposure to various levels of leadership
- Competitive Wages
- Summer Housing StipendPrincipal and Essential Duties &
- Assists the Team Leader and the Shift Leader in the daily tasks
such as training, providing work direction and development of
subordinates to meet operating, safety, and quality requirements
within the department / area.
- Assists production staff to ensure product quality and
integrity, and ensures all finished product meets or exceeds
- Assists in maintaining an environment that is conducive to
retaining associates. Consistently administers company policies and
- Rotates through various functions in fresh or cook plants
during the course of training which may include Live Haul,
Wastewater, Accounting, Human Resources, Receiving, Dressing,
Evisceration, Giblet Packing, Grading, Cut Up, Stretch Bag,
Deboning, 28 Degree Cooler, Box Room, Weight/Price/Label and
Shipping departmentsMinimum Education
- Rising Junior or Senior currently pursuing a Bachelors degree
in Business Administration, Agriculture, Poultry Science, Animal
Science or related field.Ideal Candidate
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Will be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- May be required to travel to other facilities and plants for
meetings and/or business.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
is required.Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Ability to work for 8 hours or more in a stationary position or
travel on a wet, moist, dry, greasy floors which may include metal
or plastic grating surfaces with up to 4 hours in a single
- Ability to work from various types of ladders and/or
- Exposure to and work in temperatures of less than -40 degrees
and 75 degrees with ambient humidity. Noise exposure of 110 db, and
light intensity range of 50 to 100 foot candles.
- Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, sitting,
- grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle,
weight, heights, longest interval of time, objects grasped, and
body positions depending upon the maintenance task required.
Exposure to chlorinated water (50 ppm, ammonia vapors ) 5 ppm, dry
ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and
other chemicals found in a poultry processing plant.
- Must use and / or wear protective and safety equipment required
for the job.Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Perdue Farms, Inc., Sioux Falls , Plant Operations Intern, Professions , Sioux Center, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!