Company: Twin Cities Orthopedics
Posted on: January 27, 2023
At TCDC, you are not a number - you are part of a team that owns
its future! TCDC is an employee-owned company with over 100 years
in business and three locations. We value our employer owners and
their contributions that play an important part in our ability to
provide our customer's with precision aluminum and magnesium die
TCDC offers an exceptional work environment, competitive
compensation, and great benefits, including: medical, dental, life,
401K, and a generous company-funded ESOP program. Take ownership of
your career today!
Position Title:Maintenance Technician
Shift:2nd Shift (M-Th 2pm-12:30pm)
Wage Range:$19-$28 DOQ
Skills include mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, machining,
welding and electrical, and PLC (programmable logic control).
Duties include installation, maintenance and repair of production
or processing equipment, fabricate machine guards, installing or
repairing conveyers, replacement of motors, tear down or
replacement of pumps, and removes repair equipment from the area,
as well as, ensures work area is clean after project completion.
Maintenance Mechanics perform troubleshooting and machine overhauls
using a variety of hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
At times they may works with outside vendors. Additionally,
Maintenance Mechanics may provide training to less experienced
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools
and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines
continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or
the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace
filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as
hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring
instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic
components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them,
checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using
hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Responsible for knowing and following all environmental, health
and safety rules, policies, and procedures for work area and takes
responsibility to assure that personal work activity is conducted
in such a way so as to not affect the safety of themselves or
- All other duties as assigned.
- Adaptability & Flexibility - Definition: Ability to learn and
properly apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
Willing to change behavioral style or method of approach when
necessary to achieve a goal; adjusts style as appropriate to the
needs of the situation.
- Continuous Learning & Problem Solving - Definition: Identifies
and defines problems through the gathering of relevant information
leading to the development, implementation, and evaluation of
- Equipment Operation & Industry Knowledge - Definition:
Knowledge of appropriate procedures for using specific equipment or
machines to meet defined quality and quantity standards. Ability to
perform basic measurement and basic math tasks.
- Initiative / Self Motivated - Definition: Does more than is
required or expected in the job. Does things that no one has
requested that will improve or enhance current methods. Plans ahead
for upcoming problems or opportunities. Acts without being directed
and proactively follows through on work activities and goals to
resolve them. Has personal desire to improve or enhance
- Teamwork / Team Player - Definition: Provides support and
assistance for a department or team members and promotes
cooperation and commitment to achieve goals and
- Technical & Professional Expertise - Definition: Understands
aspects of the job by devising new approaches to make improvements
or solve workplace challenges. Is able to apply that knowledge to
correctively address issues in a "timely manner".
- Accountability & Ownership - Definition: Sets high standards of
performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and
accountability for successfully completing assignments or
- Continuous Improvement - Definition: Continuously looks for
opportunities to refine and improve process, systems, products,
- Customer Focused - Definition: Makes customer needs the primary
focus, builds and maintains internal and external customer
satisfaction with the products and services offered by the
- Integrity - Definition: Displays strong morals and principles
in keeping with the values of TCDC. Respects and maintain
confidential information. Is consistent with words and actions,
displaying honesty and professionalism following thru with
commitments in all interactions.
- Productivity Focused - Definition: Stays focused and uses time,
equipment and tools effectively to maintain a high productive
output without sacrificing quality.
- Quality Oriented - Definition: Produces results or provides
service that meets or exceeds set standards. Monitors and checks
work to meet quality standards; demonstrates a high level of care
and thoroughness; checks work to ensure completeness and
- Safety & Environmentally Oriented - Definition: Uses tools,
machines and vehicles in a safe manner that minimizes hazards to
self, others and the environment. Knows who to contact in the event
of an emergency and departmental plan, being aware of conditions or
circumstances that affect one's own safety or the safety of
Frequency: Continuous 67-100%, Frequent 34-66%, Occasional
- Occasional lifting and carrying of 50 to 85 lbs.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of 21 to 49 pounds
- Continuous lifting and carrying of 1 to 20 pounds
- Continuous standing
- Frequent sitting
- Continuous walking
- Continuous pull and pushing
- Continuous twisting and bending
- Continuous reach(overhead and out-stretched)
- Continuous kneeling, climbing, crawling, bending and
- Frequent repetitive motion
- Continuous use of vibratory tools
- Continuous grip, torque and fine manipulation
- Continuous handling/grasping
- Frequent exposure to hot and cold temperature extremes
- Functional vision
- Ability to discern colors
- PPE Required
- Occasional Driving
- Continuous Talking
- Continuous Hearing
For the purpose of compliance with ADA and Workers Compensation
reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essentials.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts; extreme heat and
- The employee is continuously exposed to wet and/or humid
- The employee is continuously exposed to fume or airborne
- The noise level in the work environment is continually very
Education and Experience
- Require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job
experience, or an associate's degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Twin Cities Orthopedics, Sioux Falls , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Watertown, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!