Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: May 26, 2023
City: Sioux Falls
State: South Dakota
Hospital Name: All City Pet Care South and ER
Job Type: Veterinary Technician
Description & Requirements
Due to substantial growth and expansion, All City Pet Care
Veterinary Emergency Hospital has immediate openings for a
Veterinary Technician to join our General Practice and Emergency
Hospital at our beautiful, newly remodeled facility!
About All City Pet Care Veterinary Emergency Hospital
ACPCVEH is a 12 doctor General Practice/24 hour Emergency Hospital.
We deliver a high level of care and take great pride in serving the
community. We put a huge value on our staff, love what we do, and
have fun together. This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic
team! Please browse our site to learn more about our practice -
Compensation + Benefits
We offer a very generous compensation package and anticipate a
progressive growth of earnings.
- Yearly Reviews
- Quarterly Bonus
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- Health, Life, Dental, Vision This position is for those that
unconditionally love animals and want to positively influence the
lives of pets. The Veterinary Technician is an essential member of
the hospital team and is a very rewarding position for someone
looking to grow in a profession that will allow them to serve the
These positions are fast-paced and the candidate must be able to
multitask while remaining calm and friendly. The Veterinary
Technician supports the doctors in providing high quality patient
care and excellent client service. More specifically, the
Veterinary Technician is responsible for obtaining baseline medical
information, performing routine procedures, and assisting with
You must be able to work flexible hours due to the nature of us
being a 24/7 emergency pet hospital. This includes nights,
weekends, and holidays.
- Routine procedures including:
- Baseline medical data: weight, temperature, heart rate,
- Cursory examinations
- Nail trims
- Ear cleaning
- Anal gland expression
- Prophylactic dental care, including recognition of teeth
- Diagnostic testing, including FeLV, FIV, heartworm, fecal
analysis, and urinalysis
- Blood testing and cytology sampling
- Hospital medications, protocols, and general medical
- Utilization and maintenance of anesthesia and hospital
- Telephone etiquette
- English language Skills:
- Client service and interpersonal skills
- Patient restraint techniques
- Routine examinations and sample collection
- Dental scaling, polishing, and extraction
- Reading and interpreting patient charts and treatment sheets
- Injections and catheter insertion
- Dental scaling and polishing (in some cases, dental
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, E-mail, and AVImark
experience preferred) Abilities:
- Professional and courteous
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Adherence to procedures and protocols
- Works well in team environment
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision General
- Follows time clock procedures for clocking in and out at the
start and end of the shift.
- Reports to work on time for each shift.
- Ensures the treatment area is clean and tidy, maintaining a
professional appearance at all times.
- Assists the Hospital Manager with special projects during slow
times. Client Service:
- Maintains a professional and calm demeanor with all
- Greets the client and patient and helps ensure an orderly
transition from the reception area to the exam room.
- Acts as an intermediary between the doctor and the client,
responsible for tasks such as client follow-up phone calls after a
visit or surgery.
- Clearly and accurately explains all services, procedures, and
- Recommends routine treatments and educates the client
- Provides the client with all appropriate educational
- Updates patient files accurately and in a timely fashion to
allow for an efficient client check-out process.
- Notes any recommended products or services in the chart and
communicates these with the Client Service Representative. Patient
- Demonstrates and utilizes proper restraining techniques.
- Reads and accurately interprets the patient chart.
- Obtains and records baseline medication information.
- Performs cursory examinations, including assessment of the
eyes, ears, and teeth.
- Completes routine procedures such as nail trims, ear cleaning,
and anal gland expression.
- Completes all necessary updates to the patient chart,
specifically the treatment sheet (travel/circle sheet).
- Utilizes the hospital computer system to enter appropriate
products and services from the treatment sheet (This responsibility
may be shared with the Client Service Representative). Laboratory
- Collects appropriate blood samples for various diagnostic
- Properly runs diagnostic tests.
- Obtains necessary cytology samples for ear swabs and skin
- Collects samples for fecal analysis and urinalysis.
- Accurately completes and submits all laboratory samples and
- Properly obtains and processes radiographs utilizing the
correct protective garments, labeling, positioning, and exposure.
Patient Treatment and Surgical Assistance:
- Completes dental scaling and polishing.
- Prepares patient for surgery, including aseptic technique and
- Selects, calculates, and administers appropriate dosages of
- Monitors patient during anesthesia and recovery.
- Maintains surgical packs (cleanliness, contents, and
- Completes updates to the surgical log.
- Maintains exam and surgical equipment.
- Provides post-surgery updates to clients. Additional
Skills/Requirements Needed for Emergency Hospital Veterinary
- Assisting with surgery
- Pulling up and administering medications
- Monitoring patient care in ICU
- Performs TPR's, knowing the normal range(s) for pets
- Ability to assess workflow, staying one step ahead of your
- Be comfortable with nature of emergency hospital (severe
injury/illness, blood, euthanasia)
- Willingness to learn more advanced skill set such as feeding
tube placements, thoracocentesis, chest tube management,
- Great nursing and patient care for critically ill patients
- Ability to handle highly emotional clients with a calm and
- Willingness to continue CE training in emergency medicine
- Can generate estimates and take homes for doctors as well as
relay information to clients
- ou must be able to work flexible hours due to the nature of us
being a 24/7 emergency pet hospital. This includes nights,
weekends, and holidays Qualifications - Education/ Experience:
- High school degree
- CVT or RVT certification
- One year experience working as CVT/RVT preferred but not
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive - depends on experience
Keywords: NVA, Sioux Falls , Veterinary Technician, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...