Production/Operator - Trainee
Company: Valley Queen Cheese Factory
Posted on: September 19, 2023
This entry-level position is responsible for learning and training
on a variety of tasks to process, dry and package whey products
that meet customer expectations and support the achievement of the
company's vision, mission and values.
- Provide assistance to operators and learn the basics of each
- Perform preventative operator maintenance (POM) duties and
complete additional cleaning tasks as determined by the
- Provide support to Whey Operator during CIP process.
- Monitor, test and correct CIP concentrations.
- Assist and support cleaning-related POMs.
- Assist in CIP on MP RO/POL, Water HTST and all associated
lines, tanks and equipment according to SOPs.
- Provide support to Lactose Operator and Evap Operator during
- Monitor and sample RO/POL/HTST process during shutdown, CIP,
and startup at specified control points and correct any deviations
from defined analytical set points.
- Transport finished WPC80 and Lactose to storage.
- Maintain good communications with lead and/or supervisors to
ensure a safe, continuous product flow and proper maintenance of
- Complete and maintain appropriate paperwork and documentation
to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Operate and monitor assigned food safety preventative controls
including verification activities, equipment operation, records
requirements and corrective action database.
- Safely handle, prepare and use chemicals while wearing proper
- Attend and/or complete required safety and quality training
sessions by the assigned deadlines.
- Comply with all company safety rules to achieve no injuries and
no lost time accidents.
- Understand and adhere to all food safety, GMPs, and OSHA
policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all standard GMPs and performs all work in a manner
that ensures the highest standard of food safety and quality.
- Teamwork Oriented
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Detail Oriented
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a food production environment. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to chemicals, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The
noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Please refer to the separate functional job description for this
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days of work are on an
alternating repeating schedule. Hours of work for training are from
5:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., working an alternating schedule. Once
trained, anticipated transfer to night shift to fill permanent
position, working from 5:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m. working an alternating
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED is required for this position. Maintain
current forklift certification.
Preferred Education and Experience
Desire two or more years in a manufacturing facility. More
specifically, experience with food grade products is preferred.
Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Minimum age requirement is 18.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities, duties or
tasks that are required of the employee for this job.
Responsibilities, duties and tasks may change at any time with or
5am - 5pm; 5pm - 5am Associated topics: banquet, beverage,
catering, chocolate, expeditor, food industry, foodservice, meat
processing, pastry, wine
Keywords: Valley Queen Cheese Factory, Sioux Falls , Production/Operator - Trainee, Professions , Watertown, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!