Production Database Administrator
Company: EDCO Health Information Solutions
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Production Database AdministratorLevel ExperiencedJob Location Sioux Falls - Sioux Falls, SDPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage UndisclosedJob Shift DayJob Category Information Technology Purpose of the Primary Roles The production DBA supports deployed applications that support EDCO's business operations. The Production DBA focuses on assuring high availability and optimizing efficiency to ensure business SLAs are met. This role is responsible for managing databases: Performance, Administration, and Recovery. Develops and manages a robust set of maintenance/health tasks, in order to anticipate, prevent, or detect and resolve production problems. Collaborate with Software Engineering to understand new features to be released and how that will affect the current Cluster capacity. Collect and analyze SQL Server metrics to understand future infrastructure and licensing capacity needed to maintain business continuity and SLA's. Primary Functions of the Position - Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Installation, Administration and Maintenance of SQL Server Instances
- Owns the strategic direction for the database topography
- Create Users and assign permissions based on the level of database access the user would need
- Design database backup and restore strategy
- Setup High-Availability as part of Disaster Recovery Strategy for the Databases
- Troubleshoot various problems that arise in the day-to-day operations and fix the issues
- Monitoring and Performance Tuning; Physical Server Level, Database level (Database settings and options) and query tuning to include index optimizations
- Failover clustering, SAN replication, and other high availability technologies
- Database growth vs disk space available, audits, resource monitoring (I/O bottlenecks, memory pressure, CPU use)
- Manage Maintenance Plans
- Monitor backups to ensure they are being performed regularly
- From time to time recover the databases to a specific point of time, as per the requests
- Apply Operating System and Software Upgrades / Service Packs Secondary Functions of the Position
- Research new features in SQL Server releases and collaborate with Software Development on adoption Academic, Certifications, & Trade Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus Work Experience, Skills, and Strengths
- 8+ years of relevant experience administering SQL Server.
- 3+ years of experience maintaining enterprise-scale database environments
- Well versed in SQL Server query performance tuning
- Experience implementing and managing SQL Server Enterprise level features
- Experienced in setting up SQL Server Log Shipping, Replication and Mirroring
- Working knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Some knowledge and experience working with NoSQL Platforms is desired No relocation assistance provided. About EDCO EDCO Health Information Solutions provides a combination of software, services, and process knowledge to optimize the management of health information in acute and ambulatory settings throughout North America. By leveraging Solarity technology, EDCO has enabled healthcare facilities to maximize efficiencies, reduce cost, and streamline health information to improve patient care. For more information, go to EDCO is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: EDCO Health Information Solutions, Sioux Falls , Production Database Administrator, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!