Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Responsibilities Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the
world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display
systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide
vital travel information in airports and train stations and along
highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more
as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators'
experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to
the major leagues. Service Inventory is a fast paced work
environment that provides repair logistics and replacement parts to
Daktronics customers worldwide. The Service Inventory
responsibilities range from customer receipts to factory receipts
and from shipment of small parts to shipment of freight. Three
major service value streams are supported by this area: Repair
Services in which the Inventory group feeds the repair center piece
parts, replacement parts, and assemblies to repair; Parts in Stock
Value Stream which provides exchange and replacement assemblies
directly to customers, and Field Services which houses common
repair components in their van stock. All three of these value
streams have significant impact on Daktronics customers each day,
and depend upon excellent processes and error free performance from
the Service Inventory Group. The shift for this position is:
Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 12:00pm to 8:30pm. This shift offers a $2.00
- Learn Daktronics products, systems, processes and flow through
Daktronics. This will include learning both the Service System
Software and the Factory ERP System.Pull parts to fill work orders.
Handle inventory count discrepancies. Flexibility to work in all
manufacturing departments. Must learn and be able to train
employees in all Inventory tasks including: Receipt of customer
parts, Receipt of factory parts, staging of unrepaired items,
Staging of spare parts and repair parts inventory, Material
Handling, Material Delivery Routes, Pull/Pack/Ship processes for
small orders, Pull/Pack/Ship processes for freight. Safely and
responsibly use tools and safe lifting practices
- Learn and participate in Lean Manufacturing training and
continuous improvement activities.
- Correctly follow written instructions. Accurately record work
- Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner,
including repetitive tasks. Quickly learn new tasks and accurately
perform these tasks as assigned.
- Work effectively as a team member; work with little
supervision; help when and where needed; make suggestions for
process and product improvement; communicate effectively with team
members. Be at work on time and maintain good attendance; follow
company guidelines and policies.
- Perform other duties as needed to meet internal and external
customer expectations. Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in receiving, warehouse, inventory, or
materials management preferred. The understanding of materials flow
in a manufacturing environment also preferred.
- Excellent keyboarding skills and experience with Outlook
- Experience with Excel, Word, Glovia experience preferred.
- Attention to detail is important - high level of accuracy
crucial for data entry.
- Good communication skills and fluent in English, written and
- Ability to successfully interact with others and participate as
a member of a team.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to learn quickly.
- Physical Requirements:
- Lift and carry heavy (up to 50 lbs) and/or awkward items.
- Work with your hands.
- Ability to stand and move items to various manufacturing
departments for full shift.
- Must be able to push and pull carts.
- Work with some odors (solder/paint).
- Distinguish and identify wire colors.
- Able to read small print, with or without corrective
- Ability to work overtime including weekend shifts when workload
- Able to effectively exercise discretion and independent
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas
for this position. Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.
If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the
law, please click here.
Keywords: Daktronics, Sioux Falls , Shipping/Receiving Clerk, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!