Strategic Project Analyst
Company: Sammons Financial Group
Location: Sioux Falls
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Sammons-- Financial Group's (SFG) member companies offer some of
today's most sought after life insurance, annuity, and retirement
planning products. Unlike most financial organizations, our
companies are not publicly traded, which means we're focused on
long-term value rather than short-term earnings pressures. As a
privately held company, our leaders and employees remain
consistently focused on long-term growth, making decisions that
allow us to deliver on our commitments to customers, distribution
partners, our employees, and our communities. Individually, our
companies provide value in the products and services they offer.
Together we represent a history of strength and longevity.
What you can expect when you join SFG:
- A casual dress code including jeans
- A rich company culture driven by private ownership and
intentional leadership inspiring employees to engage in our
healthy, high-performing and values based culture.
- Healthy balance between work and personal lives. Friday
afternoons off all year long, competitive PTO and generous number
of paid holidays
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, wellness
plan, charitable giving programs, education assistance--- to name a
few ESOP-A generous 100% company funded retirement plan
What you can expect as the Strategic Project Analyst, Agency
This person is responsible for driving strategic initiatives within
the department, using technical skills in reporting, controls,
projects, and process enhancements. Work as liaison between
business and IT. Identify efficiencies, create implementation plans
and drive changes for the department. Identify and resolve service
problems, issues, and complaints using data and analysis to create
a positive resolution. Provide analytical and technical solutions
to business impediments and effectively prioritize work against
project benefit. Independently deliver accurate and timely service
to clients, agents and internal business partners.
- Provide technical solutions through use of programming and
problem solving skills. Read and write Transact SQL as well as
various Microsoft BI reporting products: (SSRS, Power BI, Power
Pivot, and Report Builder).
- Create databases in order to provide solutions wherever
appropriate, and manage the infrastructure of any solutions
created. Maintain familiarity with data warehousing concepts, data
mapping, and ETL processing.
- Write visual basic code (or another suitable programming
language) to facilitate the automation of reporting and other
processes for the department.
- Identify problem statements, create proposals, and implement
solutions that increase efficiency and add value to department
- Prepare Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), implementation
plans, and presentations that assist in the communication between
business resources, IT, and technical solutions.
- Effectively communicate, present, and articulate technical work
to business resources with a focus on helping the business to
understand impact or more complicated tasks and processes.
- Interact with management and department subject matter experts
to define routine reporting needs, determine the best method to
fulfill those needs, design reports to fulfill department needs,
and deliver analytical solutions for strategic use.
- Maintain portfolio of technical processes and create long-term
plans to maintain, improve, modify, or close down regular processes
and functionality. Ensure accuracy, consistency, and continuity in
reporting tools and data; understand data sources to determine how
and where data can be collected.
- Work closely with IT as a liaison for the department.
Effectively relay business needs to IT in order to support larger
department initiatives while supporting IT vision and
- Investigate underlying issues with data sources and recommend
solutions to both IT and department management.
- Recognize opportunities to enhance, improve, or change
department controls or processes; exercise independent judgment and
discretion proactively when these opportunities present themselves.
Work regularly with management to understand department goals and
initiatives to provide supportive solutions.
- Provide technical guidance to the team. Handle complex
situations. Take responsibility to resolve escalated issues and
problems independently. Identify potential ongoing risks or
opportunities and follow up appropriately.
- Distribute, direct, and balance workloads and workflow to
ensure expectations of internal and external customers are
- Perform trend analysis on departmental statistics and provide
insight into variances. Assist department management to interpret
information in the most effective and concise way as possible.
- Understand and interpret regulations, and company products,
policies and procedures being cognizant of how work impacts overall
SFG Member Company objectives.
- Partner with additional Shared Services project resources to
support various initiatives for Shared Services.
- Lead by example and cast a positive shadow within the
- Commitment to embrace SFG shared values (Respect,
Accountability, Integrity, and Openness)
- As stated within the Company Attendance and Punctuality policy,
regular attendance is required and expected in order to meet the
business service levels and workflow demands.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years' Insurance/Annuity experience preferred
- Ability to read/write in SQL
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft BI reporting software
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word,
Outlook, Excel& Access)
- Familiarity with other coding languages (VBA& MDXStrong)
- Ability to understand technical details and facilitate
communication between users and technical resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including
strong questioning and listening skills and the ability to look
beyond obvious answers to understand the impact to the
- Ability to work on large scale strategic initiatives
- Proven ability to build effective internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure while maintaining
focus and professionalism
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, but possess
understanding of when it is important to involve others in business
- Analytical problem solving skills required
- Prioritization skills include the ability to deliver
initiatives based on department and company strategy required
- Organized with ability to focus on appropriate details
- Able to adapt to frequent change
- Due to the financial nature and level of accountability of this
position, a credit and criminal background check is required
Keywords: Sammons Financial Group, Sioux Falls , Strategic Project Analyst, Professions , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!