Agronomy Sales Representative
Company: CHS Inc
Location: Valley Springs
Posted on: June 24, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. - We serve agriculture customers and consumers across
the United States and around the world. - Most of our 10,000
employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in
19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
agriculture.SummaryCHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country
Operations Retail Division! We are looking for a motivated
self-starter to join our growing agriculture organization to be an
Agronomy Sales Representative to service and grow our customer base
near Magnolia, MN. You will work with farmers, ranchers and
producers to promote the proper use of crop protection products,
plant food, seed and other services offered at the cooperative to
area producers by making on-the-farm sales presentations. The ideal
candidate will have a strong mathematical aptitude and the ability
to formulate fertilizer applications.Responsibilities
- Achieve sales goals and execute sales plans within an assigned
large, complex or key sales territory and/or level of
- Focus on personal sales targets, new business development and
troubleshooting on high challenge, diverse or special market
customers that require ongoing client relationship support.
- Create and recommend specific agronomy programs to targeted
accounts with the goal of increasing agronomy business.
- Spend a majority of time developing relationships with farmers
to earn business.
- Utilize seed, Precision Farming technology, finance, and other
marketing tools to grow market share.
- Understand the business functions of the employee team and
assist the team in improving the efficiency and profitability of
the location(s) assigned.
- Coordinate with custom applicators and tanks on the spreading,
spraying, and delivery of bulk fertilizer to assure the
cost-effective use of equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations through
customer education and the promotion of new products.
- Ensure that federal and state regulations pertaining to
chemicals and fertilizers are observed and adhered to.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide technical advice to the sales group and contribute to
the training of less experienced sales representatives as
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Work extended hours in-season to meet business demands.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions.Minimum Qualifications
- 2+ years of Agronomy sales experience with a high level of
- Ability to work extended hours in-seasonAdditional
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with:
- Utilizing a variety of sales tools to achieve all goals and
- Utilizing sales tools to achieve all goals and objectives.
- Building strong relationships with internal and external
- Developing and delivering market opinions to customers
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with
rapidly shifting priorities.
- Exposure to large, high volume accountsCHS offers a competitive
total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental,
Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings
Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit
Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and
Adoption assistance.CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: CHS Inc, Sioux Falls , Agronomy Sales Representative, Sales , Valley Springs, South Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!